ArataWata.Com

Home of the Kini.Kini.Rock Music © Amomoai & Baooai

Here's one more Piss Book discussions about the Ingaran a MOROs.

Arata Wata The current barrages of verbal abuses against our Bangsa is obviously an issue of respect. The Indios have come to believe that we don't deserve an ounce of respect and so they can say or do whatever they like without repercussions. Unfortunately, until we get the respect of the Indios, we'll never get justice from them.

How can we gain their respect? 

We've been fighting the longest running war of resistance in history and some of us took the brand name MORO to scare them but we may have scared some but we lost the respect of many.

How about if we drop the brand name MORO (after all its not ours) and assume a proper name, a respectable name that emphasizes our commonality with the Indios. Let our new name declare that we are all Malays, that we were all brothers and sisters before the freakin' Spaniards came and spread their religion and mayhem.

Lets break the tribal divide. If we are not the feared and hated MOROs, if we are their Malay brethrens, maybe, they will be more accomodating to our aspirations. 

Its easier to give something good to a brother than to an enemy. Don't you think?

Oh, how I hate the name MORO anyways... and so many of us share the same sentiment about this Spanish-given freakin' name.

I believe proper name is important in our struggle.

Views: 2118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• Darkieboy Darksultan I Woke up this morning, prayed the sunna as it is Yawm Al Eid. then i chopped vegies for cooking. later i found out that the butane in my stove tank already ran out.I ended up eating my vegies fresh on a Spanish -Style Salad Dressing...Poor MORO :(....I love Spanish Salad Sauce. Let's celebrate guys!!!Let us all chant for Spain's Football team this 2014 FIFA worldcup....(clap)
    Tuesday at 1:12am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Bumiputera or Bumiputra is a Malay term widely used in Malaysia, embracing indigenous people of the Malay Archipelago. The term comes from the Sanskrit word bhumiputra, which can be translated literally as "son of land" (bhumi= earth or land, putra=son). It is also translated as "sons of the soil".
    Tuesday at 1:12am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya it was coined during the time of Tungko Abdul Rahman. very recent.. mas matanda pa nga moro term e..
    Tuesday at 1:18am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave ‎/44 Likes/ to sir aminulla ;) yeah right.
    Tuesday at 1:19am via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya it was done for a reason. for the malay muslims at that time to catch up with the chinese and indians who were better in condition than bumis..
    Tuesday at 1:20am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Oh by the way....I am actually surrounded by Chartered Bumiputra Engineers who each of them is earning 3x of the Phil President's Salary (SOP Excluded). The messed-up part is i am always mistaken as one of them,i hate it. I should supposed to be a MORO-Looking one. I told them that my root is malay, all of'em nodded saying yes. One guy was not able to hold it (well-informed on the Mindanao Issue),with a grimace in his face.."But you will never be a Malay". So do I! I wont allow to death to be called as malay. For I have my own Bangsamoro Identity. ,,,,,,,,,,,,(clap)
    Tuesday at 1:21am · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria SO WHAT is supposedly the look of a Moro?
    Tuesday at 1:22am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Because of colonization, we are identified more with the westerners..
    Tuesday at 1:24am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan hahahaha..a lot handsome and bigger than the malays...hahahahahaha (astagfirullah)
    Tuesday at 1:25am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave In the Philippines, one is not discriminated as a Moro, but as a Muslim. Does anybody write the term Moro / Bangsamoro in his/her resume? My friends, it is our Filipino brothers' warped mindset that discriminate the Muslims (not Moro), because they are Christians. As simple as that.
    Tuesday at 1:25am via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno Here is another statement that s far fr d TRUTH from "Tommy Romuros Pangcoga By the way, Iranun is a separate and distinct tribe from the Mranao (or whatever you call this tribe of ours this time around, mashaallah!) Try to go to the Barira and Buldon territories and tell them to their faces that they are one with our tribe, or that they are descended from our tribe. let's see how they react. accurate history indeed." Tommy s indeed ignorant abt our Tarsila in Ranao. Take one Iranon patriarch whose name became a name of the place Matanog. He came from Unayan from d lineage of Amboloto-Paskan. I have personally mingled w Iranons n in der many social gatherings, I was asked to speak about our genealogical relationship as ONE PEOPLE and they r happy with me. I did that also with Maguindanaons and Tausugs and our rapports increased. What if you do the same and go to Lanao and speak to any Maranao addressing him as MORO...? Go to Manila and call any Maranao, Iranon, Maguindanaon, Tausug, etc. MORO and you'll see the aftermath...
    Tuesday at 1:27am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Bumiputra : + or - meaning?
    Tuesday at 1:29am via mobile · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan BRING THE WAVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday at 1:32am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Why don't we just call each one with the names we each want and have a peaceful day: You are the PROUD MORO you wanted to be and WE ARE the HUMBLE MUSLIM WE ALWAYS WANT TO BE. OK, you got it and leave us to what we want and do not capitalyze on us. Count your MOROS companions and we stick to our Muslim companions. You can remain a BANGSAMORO NATION as WE REMAIN IN THE ISLAMIC UMMAH, the Muslim nation. Let me make the peace initiative: To our MORO BRETHREN OF THE BANGSAMORO NATION, Greetings. From this day onward, LET THERE BE PEACE AND FAIRNESS BETWEEN US. DO NOT USURP our position, our homeland and our name, let yours be yours as we suggest you do your own NATIONAL CENSUS. Very respectfully yours, YOUR HUMBLE MUSLIM Brethren.
    Tuesday at 1:39am · 
  • Haider Isnaji This issue about changing the moro identity is really bothering me as a member of this group. This is a nonsense issue! No one in this group has the authority to talk or even do anything about it. I don't know about any of you but I think it is not worth talking! I think we all should put it to a halt. Stop muna, celebrate muna tayo ng Eid Fitri guys!

The weight of arguments provided by anti-moro is far lighter than those provided by pro-moro. In fact, the anti-moro argument is mere rhetoric, baseless and irrelevant .

For the sake of argument, why bother changing the name simply because it was given by Spain and the Mindanao Muslims were not consulted? This logic is not strong enough to defend the anti-moro's argument. Should the red indian also change the 'red indian' simply because the British give them that and they were not consulted through plebiscite? This goes to almost every nation and state formerly ruled by the West. Only some nations coincidentally get the name synonymous to their race. For God sake, think about it? Are you anti-moro under influence of something?

Anyway, come on dude! Stop it. Ok?

Salam eidil fitri mubarak.
    Tuesday at 1:41am via  · 
  • Rayyan Makno EID MOBARAK TO ALL MUSLIMS.
    Tuesday at 1:41am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Naglami na kita. Bro haider. Ahhhh! Debate is not about winning. Debate is for the enhancement of knowledge. ;) May the force be with you - star wars
    Tuesday at 1:47am via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno Haider, you r curtailing our RIGHTS as human being and as Muslims by stopping us. Let us say your syllogism in justifying the sinister Spanish name-calling is based on your JUSTIFYING the BRITISH ERRONEOUS name-call Red Indian. Our proposal for changing the DERISIVE NAME is in line with the ISLAMIC PROHIBITION OF HAVING A BAD NAME LIKE THE DAYS OF JAHILIYYAH and the prohibition abt LYING ON OUR IDENTITY as a people. We are not against YOU or other PROUD MOROS, our Brothers, we are honestly trying to make you on the right correct and true name because we are one people likened to one body. MORO is a SLUR and it s not used by Muslims. Read HISTORY BOOKS written by Arabs and the people of North Africa and you will not find the word MORO or MOROS. Try. We r not against d MNLF or MILF or Nur Misuar...we too have in our HUMBLE ways helped some of them for long time. We just want to STRAIGHTEN OUT THINGS for d sake of Islam, for d pleasure of Allah n for our own ADVANTAGE. Muslims, BE NOT PROUD because PRIDE is the attribute of the SATAN. If you don't want this discussion, go somewhere else. Have patience, my brother. EID MOBARAK.
    Tuesday at 2:03am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman At the end of the day, it's like us banging our heads to the wall. Rights to say or not to say is very democratic, we are a freedom orientated democracy and is w/in our constitutional rights as citizens. On the whole, I haven't got the cinch why we're doing this to ourselves, yeah let's celebrate Eid!
    Tuesday at 2:09am · 
  • Rayyan Makno It is unimaginable that in our PROPOSING A CHANGE OF NAME, you already outrageously put us at fault as ANTI-MORO. Masyado naman kayo MAINIT! Don't be so war-freak about it. THIS S A PART OF D SHURA or mutual consultation in a Muslim society. You laughed out loud about our CONCERN ON YOUR GOODNESS AND WELL-BEING but aren't you aware that carrying a FOREIGN name can be even more laughable. It may not be funny but it sure is sarcastically HUMOROUS carrying an ancient curse and being so very proud about it. We cannot laugh WITH YOU or at you because our concern is your welfare n the unity of the Muslim in our region.
    Tuesday at 2:11am · 
  • Saaduddin Alauya klaro natin ah? name hindi identity ang pinaguusapan. tingin ko magkaiba dalawa
    Tuesday at 2:13am · 
  • Rayyan Makno I have RAYYAN as the best name meaning a door to Jannatol Pirdaous (Paradise). If you change 8 2 DUDE, it s veering away fr Islam just like if you call me MORO of which I am not black and I am not uncivilized. A proud person and a Muslim will be strange bedfellows.
    Tuesday at 2:17am · 
  • Khal Mambuay-Campong Name/label versus essence. 

If I call a fair-skinned person black, will it make the fair-skinned person black? Is it the name that gives meaning to the thing, or is it the essence of the thing? Which is which? 

I have been reading the comments from this thread everyday and I tried to reserve mine for I do NOT mind if I am called a Moro or in any other name so long as I am who I am and Allah (swt) sees my real worth. Do I deserve to be called a Moro? What is really a Moro? Does it have the same derogatory meaning given to us by the Spaniards or did we give a new meaning to the word?

Again, if I call a fair-skinned person black, will it make the fair-skinned person black? On a similar note, if I call a civilized person uncivilized, will it make the civilized person uncivilized? SALAM :)
    Tuesday at 2:28am · 
  • Rayyan Makno One pretended to know legal aspects but missed the real cue. A statement by "Eiryneon Wave In the Philippines, one is not discriminated as a Moro, but as a Muslim. Does anybody write the term Moro / Bangsamoro in his/her resume? My friends, it is our Filipino brothers' warped mindset that discriminate the Muslims (not Moro), because they are Christians. As simple as that." clearly points to sheer ignorance of the situation. One DOES NOT write MORO in her resume because the word MORO is outlawed in the Philippines. But they still go out of bounds when they say MORO-MORO in the media unmindful of the legal repercussions in d event that there s an interested parity. If you say you are with d Bangsamoro, MNLF or MILF, will you not be arrested? If you are a lawyer, will you attend a hearing by identifying yourself as MORO So-and-so without being discriminated? In principle, the RP is a democracy and as a secular state, it does not allow discriminating people bcoz of his religion unless the people himself allow the discrimination. The Law allows you to SUE the wrongdoer. What a statement!
    Tuesday at 2:32am · 
  • Ardishier Muallam Arsad Eid Mubarak. I gathered that the only two strong proponents of changing the name 'MORO' at this point in time are dealling with their own dual identity crisis, tribal and natioinal identity. Let us hope this forum have helped them enough.
    Tuesday at 2:33am · 
  • Haider Isnaji Rayyan, is Makno an islamic name? 
    There is a saying in Malay ' menegakkan benang yang basah' which means literally ' to keep wet thread standing'. The meaning of it is insisting on pointless argument which makes the person 'bodoh sombong' or ' stupid and arrogant'. This is not to insult you bro, but please don't make a fool on yourself.

Do not hide behind Islamic concept to support your irrelevant argument or use human rights to defend your baseless idea. It doesn't make you look intellectual because those with intellect know what you are talking about. And democracy does not fit your argument. 

Do not talk like you represent the majority of the Muslim inhabitant of Mindanao and Sulu because you don't and you never will be. you seem clueless of what the majority of them want in which changing the name 'moro' to your even uglier name is the last thing they want.

Simply, cut it out! Go visit some of your friends, make silaturrahim. This eidil fitri bro. Aii..dude!
    Tuesday at 2:40am via  · 
  • Rayyan Makno Haider, if you don't seek refuge in Islam or Islamic precepts, where do you think you should go? To Spain and England? A Muslim should always be Muslim at all times. MAKNO is not UN-ISLAMIC like MORO because it does not have a BAD CONNOTATION and DENOTATION. Besides, it does not make PROUD like the PRIDE that is sowed by SATAN. You can allude to anything and end up missing d cue again. What s d relevance of your Malay saying to our discussion on MORO?
    Tuesday at 2:49am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Hehehe! Hay naku, Rayyan Makno, haaaay na lang. Haaaaay. . . At haaaaaay. . . .
    Tuesday at 2:54am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave At haaaaay pa, rayyan makno :-) *sigh*
    Tuesday at 2:56am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Lol, tol AMA :-D /like/
    Tuesday at 2:58am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Maam Khal, dati na kami jan. Ang metaphor namin ay "apples and oranges." But i guess, you enunciate the logic better than us. ;)
    Tuesday at 3:03am via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno Well, at least this made you sigh in RELIEF, hopefully. Did Haider ask you about your name, too? There are people who cannot see the point so they insist on calling an APPLE an ORANGE. When Haider s n his pointless argument of forcing the issue and asking people 2 stop, he REVERSES the matter. If my arguments are pointless, WHY Eiryneon sighs, Ardisher rose in outrage, Tommy resorts to anger, Aminolah to appreciation, Aratawata to positive remarks, and the others to have the URGE to participate n d discussion? Is Isnaji d only SMART fellow here in this THREAD with his WET THREAD? Lol.
    Tuesday at 3:22am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Rayyan is cute.. don't you agreeEiryneon Wave?
    Tuesday at 3:25am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Errrr... Yes, he is!
    Tuesday at 3:28am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Why did i sigh? Oh, well. . . Never mind.
    Tuesday at 3:30am via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno What's your real name, Eiryneon? hahaha..lest Haider may suspect u r hiding n an English name or words bt it would be nice f all of us, including Darkieboy, will bare their real name for our eFRIENDSHIP's sake. This is a nice group that can tackle anything w CIVILITY. Let us start our goodwill from here. I myself like the attitude n statements of Eryneon bcoz at least HE DOESN'T CLOSE THE DOOR TO REASONS. Eiry, let it b understood dat in our proposal to change NAME, we do not force the issue of changing at ONCE although we will always emphasize that the earlier d change the more UNITED WE ARE. That s why I did d courtesy os suggesting first as a BUENA MANO. ..And though the suggestion fall on some people's ironic laughter and satiric prejudgment, it is worth a try. Why don't you try also? Let's have a BRAINSTORMING?
    Tuesday at 3:34am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Its a scientific name actually... hehehe Peace Eiryneon Wave.
    Tuesday at 3:36am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Don't let me tell a story about my name.. please!!
    Tuesday at 3:37am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave It's hard to brainstorm with a wall.
    Tuesday at 3:38am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Hehehe! I'm learning the hard way on how to practice serenity. . . Ahummmm. . . . Ahummmm. . . . Ahummmm. . . .
    *doing yoga*
    Tuesday at 3:40am via mobile · 
  • Edris Tamano Assalamo 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. Astaga! What a long thread you have stretched here--I should think you must have reached a united stand. I find the last ten days of the holy month as very fulfilling with the multitude of worshippers. Now Ramadhan has finally bid adieu. Eid saeed, my brothers and sisters, wa kullu 'aamin w antum bikhayri. So, we are still on NAMES? I have a penchant for interpreting names. Bai, your name is our great grandmother in Marantao. Now, it is a title of nobility in Ranao region. Literally, you are in a better position to say it. MKKKKK.
    Tuesday at 3:50am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Huh? really po? Please tell me about your grandmother..
    Tuesday at 3:52am · 
  • Edris Tamano Ah! It looks like Rayyan's still steaming hot. That's it, my friend, keep it up--SUPORTAHAN TA KA. MKKKKKK. Where is Aratawata?
    Tuesday at 3:52am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya All I know is that Macadampas comes from dampas that means mat? is this correct?
    Tuesday at 3:53am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Buking.
    Tuesday at 3:55am via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya tsk... in tagalog, banig? hehehe
    Tuesday at 3:56am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Waalaykumussalam warahmatullah wabarakatu, sir Edris
    Tuesday at 4:03am via mobile · 
  • Edris Tamano Bai a Makadempas was an APO (great, great grandmother), a landed lady similar to a Maharani (the wife of a Maharaja) who was given a blanket authority (power) by her people, therefor MAKADEMPAS or someone who spread her wide mat over a vast area. In the olden days, influential people of the Mapiya a Tao or nobility are endowed with special powers, as wherever they spread their mat shall be reserved for them. In a big house, if they sat on a bed, all that are in it like brass and porcelain artefacts, are given to them as an honorific token (selasela). One of the biggest political clan in Lanao descended from Bai a Makadempas. It is really a nice although a very long name. MKK.
    Tuesday at 4:12am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya I thought the name macadampas was just taken from a lady who was good in weaving mat. whew... mabigat ang name. nakakatakot.
    Tuesday at 4:24am · 
  • Reynaldo Rayhan-Reyes Brother Aminullah, the Bangsamoro youth agree with Sisters Eiryneon and Bai Macadempas because 'Bangsamoro' now is globally identified with the oppressed colonised Muslims in Southeast Asia struggling for centuries to regain their freedom from Christian Spanish, American and Filipino colonisers. This is a historical reality that can never be dismissed or altered. That's why we have to thank and pay tribute to both the martyred and living Bangsmoro national heroes, like Sultan Rashid Lucman and Al-Ustaj Hashim Salamat, and Prof. Nur Misuari, for gifting us this identity legacy. In Bangsamoro history, they have done their share to make the Moro freedom fighters more proud and determined to struggle for our independence from Philippine colonialism. Let us not lost sight of their heroic deeds to make it possible now for our freedom fighters to become a proud Bangsamoro. Just like our elders in the Bangsamoro Freedom Solidarity (BFS), the Bangsamoro youth now
    have voluntarily boarded the ship steered by Brother Ansari D. Alonto to move forward from Bangsamoro Ramadan Mubarak to "Bangsamoro UN Mubarak"! The Palestine Question, which is the most controversial liberation struggle issue in the 57-nation Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) after the Bangsamoro struggle, has finally been resolved by the United Nations (UN). Let this be now a moral lesson to the Bangsamoro people! Eid ul Fitr Mubarak!
    Tuesday at 4:25am via  · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Id like to reconcile both ideas...the term moro, an imposed name called to us by the colonizers and retaining our ethnicity. by being iranon, tausug, maranao, maguindanao..
    Tuesday at 4:28am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Hi, friend Rayyan Makno. Here's my sophomoric attempt of countering your lofty arguments.

//One pretended to
    know legal aspects but missed the
    real cue.//
    Just understanding the shades of meaning between "nation" and "state" does not make anyone a practicing lawyer.

//A statement by "..."
    clearly points to sheer ignorance
    of the situation.//
    I'll take your word for it.

//One DOES NOT
    write MORO in her resume
    because the word MORO is
    outlawed in the Philippines.//
    I'm not a lawyer, but haven't heard yet of the word MORO being outlawed.

//But they still go out of bounds when
    they say MORO-MORO in the media unmindful of the legal
    repercussions in d event that there is an interested parity.//
    Was there ever an interested party that pursue this in the Philippine courts of law?

//If you say you are with d Bangsamoro,
    MNLF or MILF, will you not be arrested?//
    Do you really mean this? I hear many people shouting in the radios and rallies that they are Moro/ Bangsamoro, but they are not arrested. Aquino and Murad met in Tokyo, where is Murad now? In jail?

//If you are a lawyer, will you attend a hearing by
    identifying yourself as MORO So-
    and-so without being
    discriminated?//
    Yes and No! Because Moro is already a lofty term, I would not be discriminated. If they would, it's there problem anyway.

//In principle, the RP
    is a democracy and as a secular state, it does not allow discriminating people bcoz of his religion unless the people himself allow the discrimination.//
    Right. And that extends to all form of discriminations.

//The Law allows you to SUE the wrongdoer.//
    thank you, now I know! But you ask me earlier if i would be discriminated as a lawyer upon saying I am a Moro. So i must sue them, right?

//What a statement!//
    Thank you! ;)
    Tuesday at 4:35am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Another try, friend Rayyan Makno:

//MAKNO is not UN-ISLAMIC like MORO because it does not have a BAD CONNOTATION and
    DENOTATION.//
    You mean if it does not have a bad connotation and denotation, it is Islamic?
    Tuesday at 4:43am via mobile · 
  • Edris Tamano Nice annotations--I like that. A 2-in-1 posting of comments. So what's the score? There should be a moderator here, say, the admins.
    Tuesday at 4:46am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave ‎//There are people who cannot see the point so they insist on calling an APPLE an ORANGE.//
    Could one of those people is you? You seem not to see the logic behind name/label vs essence/substance.
    Tuesday at 4:48am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave hahaha, sir edris. Just for fun ba. Some people here are too serious. ;) Uy, ang tindi pala ng name ni Bai!!!
    Tuesday at 4:57am via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Sino pala nag sigh... hahaha
    Tuesday at 5:00am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Last na my honored friend ;)

//When Haider s n his pointless argument of forcing the issue and asking people 2 stop, he REVERSES the matter.//
    I take it that Haider is a neutral party (he grew up in Malaysia since childhood, for instance), and is only trying to give his unbiased judgment for the debate. It appears (to me) that for him, the PRO has more points than the ANTI. Can't we allow him to give his neutral judgement? (in a debate, Pro/Anti = For/Against, no emotion there really, promise) but where exactly does his arguments went pointless?

//If my arguments are pointless, WHY Eiryneon sighs, Ardisher rose in outrage, Tommy resorts to anger, Aminolah to appreciation, Aratawata to positive remarks, and the others to have the URGE to participate n d discussion?//
    I cannot answer for the other, but my sigh connotes exasperation for your rather sentimental retort, that borders on belligerency. ;)

//Is Isnaji d only SMART fellow here in this THREAD with his WET THREAD? Lol.// Ad hominem and arrogance = Rayyan Makno is also SMART, hello! ;)
    Tuesday at 5:14am via mobile · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel ‎".. it is worth a try. Why don't you try also"... ok sir Rayyan we will try... supposed there are around 10 Million population to convince in the campaign in "change the name"... or convince at least 5 Million and one or 50% + 1 to make the majority to finally have it...taking consideration in this thread with 546 comments...3 were so far are convinced for affirmative in 12 days...that means launching a peaceful debate campaign for the issue...it will take us 20,000,004 days to convince the 50% + 1 at least at the rate of 3 in every 12 days...or 54,794 years and 132 days...

well, am convince it possible but after more than 5 centuries... in fairness we wouldn't equally match the period since the name moro was established in this part of the country...
    Tuesday at 5:15am · 
  • Rayyan Makno I dont have d slightest intention 2 spoil ur Eid Holidays, so I greet u EID MOBARAK may all the years ahead of u be happiest w unending successes. F u r really that stubborn n clinging 2 ur cause, ders nothing we can do abt u not 8 bt in case u want to recant, we r ready to launch a campaign w u. Joooke...Ha ha ha ha. Holiday muna ako.
    Tuesday at 8:01am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave ‎;) ingat sir rayyan makno
    Tuesday at 8:12am via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya ‎:) cute..
    Tuesday at 8:24am · 
  • Edris Tamano MKKK! It looks like Mr. Rayyan Makno is singlehandedly the most STUBBORN, isn't he? I like it--his tenacity to hold on is inexhaustible. Please come back, Rayyan, after your holiday. Ikaw ang pambato namin.
    Tuesday at 8:47am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya parang iranon warrior.. :)
    Tuesday at 8:54am · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel ‎"...we r ready to launch a campaign w u. Joooke!"... well, sir Rayyan Makno that's really a big joke...hehehe!
    Tuesday at 3:57pm · 
  • Jun Macarambon Anyways... The reality is the two big Moro Liberation Fronts in the history of Muslims in southern philippines - the MNLF and MILF lead the use of Bangsamoro as a National Identity and they are recognize in International Community. If you dont accept the Moro Identity, magtayo din kyo ng sariling Bangsa-Put_Your_Name Front .... or mag organize kayo to campaign to change the name... punta kyo sa lahat ng suluk ng Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan to test if it will hold... hindi hanggang sa FB lang kayo magaling. Kung hanggang salita lng kyo to change name... walang mangyayari.
    Yesterday at 4:30am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Pareng Jun....your nerve please. Dont take it too much Brother. The guys moving for the changing of the Bangsamoro as name as actually "Just Joking". Even to them, i know, their idea is funny. They are just making Jokes. Pero sa bagay...sabi mo na rin eh..."Kayo....tama si bro Jun....Magtayo kayo ng sarili niyong Front, kung kelan may mapipitas na ang front namin saka kayo makiani at papapel".....kakatawa kayo....wala ako pinaparinggan ha....bato bato sa langit. matamaan.....pangit....
    Yesterday at 4:49am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Eid Mubarak Ya'll....may peace, love and mercy of Allah be upon us all....:)
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Be Cool guys!!!
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro No, they are dead serious! try reading their minds in their own-created egroup "to be or not to be Moro." They are dead serious that "our" national identity should be Iranaun/Iranun.
    Yesterday at 4:53am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Really Datu Ali Al-Moro? they are serious? wow....if we are going to apply your Logic high above this post (specifically, the case of Shariff Kabungsuan at al.) I would rather spend the rest of mylife as WHATEVER.... hahahah what a softer-word-than-fuck idea....
    Yesterday at 5:04am · 
  • Jun Macarambon Joke? eh umabot eto ng 500+ comments.
    Yesterday at 5:10am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan oo...ganun sila kung makajoke.....naisip ko rin maliban sa suggestion mo...pde rin sila magtambak ng lupa sa may pacific ocean...gawa sila nation nila of their own...di na nila kailangan magchange ng name....diba magaling yun? sa tingin mo pareng jun
    Yesterday at 5:12am · 
  • Jun Macarambon Ask Arata Wata - is starting this thread/discussion a mere joke? Rayyan Makno are your post/arguments joke?
    Yesterday at 5:15am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan yung sabi ni Sir Makno na cart-before-the-horse sa statement mo above....kasama un sa mga jokes......
    Yesterday at 5:17am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan GUYS: C'mon.....sounds like this talk is going more personal to the marrows. Why dont we talk about "How to cook Tortang Talong with referrence to all Moro Tribes Version of it". Siguro mas makabuluhan...
    Yesterday at 5:38am · 
  • Drieza Al-moro Aratawata amd his Group is out of this world...where can you find a name with out derogatory connotaions...even the name MUSLIM choosen by our creator---did not escape our Enemy---as the saying goes " Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder" our enemy what ever name you will call yourselves---will not please them--My point is that your group is doing great dis service to our struggle---calling ourselves Meranaw,tausug et al. hav no problem with that...but as a whole as one bangsa...what do you want to call? you want our bangsas to compete...your group is creating divisions in our already fragile UNITY>
    Yesterday at 7:38am · 
  • Phadz Benito Yes, brod Al-moro, that is the right answer to this topic....even also the Muslim word is branded as fundamentalist, eextremist, terror etc...it is as the same as telling us to start from zero...
    Yesterday at 8:37am · 
  • Phadz Benito The words MORO and FILIPINO are all from spaniards...but the MORO has good backgound history...this refers to people practicing islam religion who are anti-colonialism Just like the MORO in spain and NORTH AFRICA...WE SHARE THE SAME IDENTITY wtih that muslim in morroco, spain and north africa....they should be inform that there was a moro state in spain...and spain rule by a muslim.
    Yesterday at 9:51am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Try to understand the DISCUSSIONS on FB para hindi lumalabas na KAHIYAHIYA.
    1.Drieza Al-moroAratawata amd his Group is out of this world...where can you find a name with out derogatory connotaions...even the name MUSLIM choosen by our creator---did not escape our Enemy---as the saying goes " Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"... our enemy what ever name you will call yourselves---will not please them--My point is that your group is doing great dis service to our struggle---calling ourselves Meranaw,tausug et al. hav no problem with that...but as a whole as one bangsa...what do you want to call? you want our bangsas to compete...your group is creating divisions in our already fragile UNITY>
    Phadz Benito Yes, brod Al-moro, that is the right answer to this topic....even also the Muslim word is branded as fundamentalist, eextremist, terror etc...it is as the same as telling us to start from zero...
    WRONG ANALOGY, WRONG PERCEPTION, DEVOID OF UNDERSTANDING. The word MUSLIM is given by ALLAH (SWT) to the believers of his religion. Allah DID NOT attribute any BAD denotations or connotations in the word Muslim. On the other hand, MORO is given by the Spaniards to the Muslims of Mindanao and Sulu. The Spaniards DID attribute BAD denotations and connotations to the word MORO, viz., BLACK (a racial slur, see any Spanish or Italian dictionary), and UNCIVILIZED, PIRATES, KILLERS, MARAUDERS, INFIDELS, etc. (go back to your subject in Phil. History). Drieza and Phadz, 8s not only that YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND…YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. You must be the ONES who is “OUT OF THIS WORD” as unconsciously said by you Drieza. Nakakahiya sa madlang pipol, MORON wika nga. Umayos-ayos nga kayo. Huwag na nating ituloy itong discussion…YOU ARE HANGING YOUR DIRTY LINENS HERE. Umasal kayo at huwag daanin sa INIT NG ULO NIYO.
    Another lightweight statement:
    2. Jun Macarambon Ask Arata Wata - is starting this thread/discussion a mere joke? Rayyan Makno are your post/arguments joke

Rayyan Makno I dont have d slightest intention 2 spoil ur Eid Holidays, so I greet u EID MOBARAK may all the years ahead of u be happiest w unending successes. F U R REALLY THAT STUBBORN N CLINGING 2 UR CAUSE, DERS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABT U NOT 8 BT IN CASE U WANT TO RECANT, WE R READY TO LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN W U. JOOOKE...Ha ha ha ha. Holiday muna ako.
    Mahirap ba INTINDIHIN ITO? The JOKE is ON YOU GUYS. Read between the lines. YOU WERE NOT BORN YESTERDAY.
    I will repeat the JOKE I said:
    F U R REALLY THAT STUBBORN N CLINGING 2 UR CAUSE, DERS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABT U NOT 8 BT IN CASE U WANT TO RECANT, WE R READY TO LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN W U. JOOOKE.. GETS MO? KUHA MO?
    Yesterday at 9:53am · 
  • Rayyan Makno People who did not have the chance TO GO TO SCHOOL are excused for their inability to UNDERSTAND. But for those who spent almost all their lives TRYING TO LEARN IN SCHOOL and AFTERWARDS cannot be excused for being DULL (in Latin, moros), much so with EMBECILES (MORON in Psychology).
    Yesterday at 10:02am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Doon na lang kayo kay Darkieboy, HERE: Darkieboy Darksultan GUYS: C'mon.....sounds like this talk is going more personal to the marrows [MOROS]. Why dont we talk about "How to cook Tortang Talong with referrence to all Moro Tribes Version of it". Siguro mas makabuluhan...
    Yesterday at 10:05am · 
  • Phadz Benito OUR RAYYAN IS TO EXPLAIN OUR UNDERSTANDING....IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE...DO NOT READ...YOU KEEP YOUR POSITION..we are not frocing to go in our side....you should be professional enough in discussion....
    Yesterday at 10:09am · 
  • Rayyan Makno O heto pa ang galing sa isang GALIT NA GALIT, bata pa yata: Jun Macarambon 
    Anyways... The reality is the two big Moro Liberation Fronts in the history of Muslims in southern philippines - the MNLF and MILF lead the use of Bangsamoro as a National Identity and they are recognize in International Community. If you dont accept the Moro Identity, magtayo din kyo ng sariling Bangsa-Put_Your_Name Front .... or mag organize kayo to campaign to change the name... punta kyo sa lahat ng suluk ng Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan to test if it will hold... hindi hanggang sa FB lang kayo magaling. Kung hanggang salita lng kyo to change name... walang mangyayari. Mr. JUN, why do we have to repeat other peoples' MISTAKE. FRONT? Did you forget what Misuari, the author of Bangsamoro, did...his incarceration, where is he now? FRONT lang ang nalalaman mo? LIGHTWEIGHT ka nga...and where are the others HEADING? You, what are you doing? Mag-aral ka, bata, at nang matuto...tapos bumalik ka rito.
    Yesterday at 10:15am · 
  • Rayyan Makno HERE IS ANOTHER LIGHT BANTER: Datu Ali Al-Moro No, they are dead serious! try reading their minds in their own-created egroup "to be or not to be Moro." They are dead serious that "our" national identity should be Iranaun/Iranun. Hehehehe.........IF YOU GUYS CANNOT GET A SIMPLE COMMENT AND CANNOT READ BETWEEN THE LINES, DOES NOT KNOW THE RIGHT ANALOGY OR COMPARISON HOW MUCH MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO READ OUR MINDS....now you are putting WORDS THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...to our mouth. You are GOING WILD GUYS...maka-ISKIYERDA nga. Mahirap na.
    Yesterday at 10:23am · 
  • Rayyan Makno But, BROTHERS PHADZ and company, we are discussing about a NAME, pinalalabas niyo na WE ARE AGAINST the people who used BANGSAMORO, MORO, MNLF, MILF...you are incriminating us and pushing us out of our people and homeland. Do you understand the BAD EFFECTS TO US of what you are SAYING in this discussions? Time and again we are saying that WE WANT TO MAKE OUR NAME GOOD, CORRECT, ACCURATE, RESPECTABLE (read our comments) and you are SAYING ADVERSE THINGS. In you CONSCIENCE, do you think you will be satisfied if we come out IN BAD LIGHT just because we want a BEAUTIFUL NAME for our people? Do you have the RIGHT to drive us away? I am also pointing to you the RIGHT THING as according to Islam...DID YOU LISTEN? No, you are saying something else...you are disturbing the flow of discussions with your personal attacks. In the final analysis, Brad Phadz, the people who carries a name from the KUFFAR will be held accountable in the YAWM AL-QIYAMAH.
    Yesterday at 10:39am · 
  • Arata Wata Come on, Morokontays. Can I call you that and you be proud of it? But, of course you ought to be because that's your name. We should also call you Moklos. I don't think, you would mind either.

Brothers and sisters, please put down your Morokontay hats and look at this discussion thread objectively. 

Is it really that bad and evilish? Come on! All we want is to talk about having a proper name, a name that did not come from our enemy, a name that we all can be united, a name that your brothers Rayyan, Arata Wata and countless others are not offended of, a name that does not carry a derogatory meaning, a name that can possibly gain respect from our neighbors, a name that can possibly help us get the justice we so deserved.

Nations have changed names throughout history. Why can't we even explore ours without being rediculed?

The truth is we don't have a name as a single entity because we were never a single entity until now, albiet only politically and by religion. But we don't have a proper name. We were lumped into a single label by the foreigners. Unfortunately the label is not good in the context it was given. NOW DON'T TELL ME THE SPANIARDS CALLED US MOROS BECAUSE THEY SO LOVED AND RESPECTED US! That they were so dying to be our friends. That they were owed by our grand palaces, achievements in sciences, mathematics, astronomy, etc. like the North African Muslim Civilization in Spain. Sorry, I forgot that's what you, Morokontays, are implying all along.

I was dumbfounded! I expected the rejection but not the extreme animosity and arrogance. This Morokontays have evolved into FANATICISM and it does not bode well for the future of the Bangsa and the Agama. 

PLEASE BE REAL MOROKONTAYS! Come down to earth! Nano, nano!
    Look at your arguments. They are so faulty and full of holes, so big that you can drive 10-wheeler trucks, even maybe SuperFerry through them. You don't see the faults of your arguments because you are just looking to glorify your foreign-given name.

This is what happened, if I may contribute my ignorant opinion on how you become fanatically Morokontays.

In your quest to glorify the name, you read books written for the Bangsa and you found the name MORO to refer to all the tribes in the country. In your intelligent minds you decided or actually accepted that our name is MORO. Unfortunately, your source of "enlightenment" are mostly written by foreigners, the Spaniards and Jose Rizal. You are disregarding the sentiments of your very own people.

A LIE TOLD OFTEN ENOUGH BECOMES THE TRUTH. That's what happened.

Let me retell my analogy.

The Proud Moros were called liars, of the many other names they were called, because the Anti-Moros believe that they are lying through their teeth when they claim the glory of the name and that we called ourselves Moros 50 years before the coming of the Spaniards.

Of course, the Proud Moros, as proud as they are, are furious because they honestly believe in their own research.

The Proud Moros vehemently denies that they are liars. But the Anti-Moros keep calling them liars. They write in all their comments that they are lying through their teeth.

So applying the same logic the Proud Moros have on this refurbished and repackaged MORO brand name, DOES IT MEAN THAT THE PROUD MOROS ARE TRULY AND PROUDLY LIARS BECAUSE THE ANTI-MOROS SAY SO?

One day, one of your children will read all these Piss Book discussions and like you today, he will proudly claim that he is a Proud Liar and that all of you were actually Liars all along.

WHEN YOU SAY THAT WE ARE MOROS, DESREGARDING THE SENTIMENTS OF OUR ELDERS, RAYYAN AND ME THAT WE ARE NOT MOROS, THAT THE NAME OFFENDED US, THEN YOU ARE TALKING IN THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE FOREIGN WRITERS AND THE SPANIARD WHO HATED US. REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER RAYYAN'S AND MY SENTIMENT BECAUSE, IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND UP TO NOW, WE ARE ALSO PART OF THE BANGSA. 
    MOROKONTAY IS A SLAVE MENTALITY. In Basa Iranaon, "KNA BA TANO MANGA BISAYA A SA DN SA IBTO RKTANO NA TARIMAAN TANO, piyakalapay niyo pn ka pimbantogan iyo".

About the only good meaning that we have on this foreign or master-given name is "being brave", a marauding savage MOROs.

You even have the guts to claim that we called ourselves Moros before the coming of the Spaniards. The name is not a slur! Come on Morokontays! Come on Moklos! Look at the dates. When did Senator Alonto spoke against the name? When did Nur Misuari admitted his quarrels with our elders?

The Indios did not like their share of the Spanish master slur so they wisely and simply dropped it and assume another name. On the other hand, the Morokontays spent their energy glorifying their name and now, we can't even talk about it without being rediculed. As if we are not part of the object of the slur.

Where are your maratabat when they say MORO-MORO to refer to government whitewash or when Max Soliven wrote on his editorials, "A good Moro is a dead Moro"? You honestly believe that you have redefined, refurbished and repackaged the slur. Yeah, only in your "intelligent" minds. Anaklito thinks otherwise. It stinks so bad that you have to be a history genius and philosophical when you talk about your name. 

... that all the 10 million Muslims are proud of the name MOROs? Wake up Moklos! Rayyan and I are here with you. Pasbal, Padool, Pakbool and Pokndar are out there.

Or course, we sympathize and support the MILF, MNLF, KFC, NBA all our freedom fighters but we don't identify with the name. We believe it can be rectified. However, we don't even have the slightest intention of asking Murrad to change the name of his organizations.

This MORO/MOKLO fanaticism has gone too far.
    Yesterday at 11:57am · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal I see many of them re-iterating what the Spaniards and its minions tried to picture what a Moro should be... 

When our forefathers siege towns in Visayas and Luzon in their brave and heroic offensive against as retaliation to the Spaniards and its minions, the enemy called them 'bandits, pirates' etc etc' and their act of defense were even considered 'banditry, piracy, savagery, etc etc'. But the truth is with our forefathers. Those were just mere 'language' of their enemy.

Let us take the name of the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam. No one can deny that this name is the most honored and widely used in the world yet the enemy still take it as the worst name ever! 

The Berbers who originally peopled Morocco established a kingdom existing until today and did not changed Morocco to something detached from 'Moro'. Why? Because, being a 'Moro' is historic and valiant in truth no matter what the European enemies say otherwise.

Check this link: http://www.moro.co.uk/moro /restaurant/partnership.as p 

Do you think these young entrepreneurs want to waste their own investment, time, resource, and talents by using MORO as their business name? They are British nationals by the way, they are not in any way connected to Moro by religion or what except by their 'taste' as 'cook'. Perhaps, some of us here will conclude smilingly that those guys are just showing the world how to be bankrupt, isn't it?! Let us read what are they now:

"To this day Moro continues to explore the nature of authentic Southern Mediterranean cookery, to share not only with its diners but also through the two Moro cookbooks, all that is intrinsic in this meeting of great Islamic and European cultures."

Rayyan Makno: "People who did not have the chance TO GO TO SCHOOL are excused for their inability to UNDERSTAND. But for those who spent almost all their lives TRYING TO LEARN IN SCHOOL and AFTERWARDS cannot be excused for being DULL (in Latin, moros), much so with EMBECILES (MORON in Psychology)."

'Dull' in Latin is 'BARDUS', perhaps you are in the process of making your own Englsh-Latin dictionary. Now, I doubt your ability to distinguish one who can really understand from those who can't. BTW, learning is not about having successfully taken what other people [especially from your forefathers' enemy] concocted in their books, but to 'unlearn' them to 'relearn'. Is this the quality of learning that you can say you have the best name than Moro?

You actually mistook a Greek word as Latin. They are different unless your learning dictate otherwise. 

What is Moron in Psychology? From http://www.thefreedictiona ry.com/moron , (Psychology) Moron is a person having an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision. 

Is your quotient within that range? I don't think the like of Phadz BenitoDrieza Al-moroJun Macarambon and me and others technically fall on that categorically that's why we accept Moro as an identity. Of course NOT!

We are Moro because we have the best definition of a Moro. 

You do not want to be a Moro because you follow and believe in the concoction of your forefather's enemy written in their calumnies. I do not blame your propensity on this for having been overwhelmed by reading too much concocted books of your forefather's enemy, and by the look of it, you are not capable of unlearning from those.

The first of those who abhor the word Moro were the Spaniards; Second, were the Indios-turned-Filipinos. But lately I found the Third, some of the descendants of the formidable enemy of Spain--the Moros--who are perhaps suffering from identity crisis wrought about by their 'too much exposure to the heat of the sun'. :D

The Greek mōros [foolish] has nothing to day with the Moros in the first place because your forefathers and my forefathers WERE NOT FOOLISH! 

Don't you know that somewhere in Argentina west of Buenos Aires there is a city named Moron? Would it mean that they are morons? Only morons will say so otherwise those Argentines should have erase that in their map!
    Yesterday at 11:58am · 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Amomoai.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service