ArataWata.Com

Home of the Kini.Kini.Rock Music © Amomoai & Baooai

Here's one more Piss Book discussions about the Ingaran a MOROs.

Arata Wata The current barrages of verbal abuses against our Bangsa is obviously an issue of respect. The Indios have come to believe that we don't deserve an ounce of respect and so they can say or do whatever they like without repercussions. Unfortunately, until we get the respect of the Indios, we'll never get justice from them.

How can we gain their respect? 

We've been fighting the longest running war of resistance in history and some of us took the brand name MORO to scare them but we may have scared some but we lost the respect of many.

How about if we drop the brand name MORO (after all its not ours) and assume a proper name, a respectable name that emphasizes our commonality with the Indios. Let our new name declare that we are all Malays, that we were all brothers and sisters before the freakin' Spaniards came and spread their religion and mayhem.

Lets break the tribal divide. If we are not the feared and hated MOROs, if we are their Malay brethrens, maybe, they will be more accomodating to our aspirations. 

Its easier to give something good to a brother than to an enemy. Don't you think?

Oh, how I hate the name MORO anyways... and so many of us share the same sentiment about this Spanish-given freakin' name.

I believe proper name is important in our struggle.

Views: 2118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• Rayyan Makno A reiteration of non-Muslim testimonials which when read between the lines lead to the fact THAT THE MUSLIMS IN THE ARCHIPELAGO DID NOT DESERVE TO BE BRANDED AS MOROS DEVOID OF CIVILTY becoz dey are after all GOOD. Try to understand what is being discussed n ur lengthy piece of citations or quotations as your interpretations is on d contrary. Anyway, if u cannot see d HOLE n d DOUGHNUT, 8 s your own lookout. As erstwhile ago, there s no amount of logic, reasons and explanations to let you see the truth about Moro as you see only your twisted perception of a BAD name as a GRANDEST NAME TO BE PROUD OF. That's yours.
    Monday at 9:55am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Datu Ali, I should agree with you but 4 those who like Malay word, Merdeka or MARADIKA can be a conversational word.
    Monday at 10:00am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave ‎;) saraaaap!
    Monday at 10:00am via mobile · 
  • Arata Wata Rayyan Makno said it perfectly: "Fanaticism can drive one into sticking to a false belief..."

Here are just some comments from another discussions,

Dew Hire Mb i agree being called MALAYO MINDANAWAN than moro. I hate so much. We was once in trouble in iligan city when an ex army called us MOROS MOKLO. We even brought to police station. I blame our rebel brothers to let us known to be a moro. They are the one who is proud being called MORO though they dont know its meaning. Maybe we have to urge them to remove MORO in their group name.
    Saturday at 9:17pm · Unlike · 2 people
    Monday at 10:00am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave The midnight snack that is! // ;) saraaaaap!
    Monday at 10:01am via mobile · 
  • Arata Wata Gotta go to work... BRB. Very good discussion. ThanksRayyan Makno, yes you are doing very well. Datu Ali Al-Moro is doing his best too.
    Monday at 10:03am · 
  • Arata Wata Peace to all, eid mubarak.
    Monday at 10:04am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Eid mubarak, sir arata!
    Monday at 10:06am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman Rejection you mean? To reject something is an understatement as if already formally moros, ARMM if I find it one day it is Autonomous Region in Moro Mindanao, well I assure you we will reject it. We can even go nastier, but until then moro is still yet to register, right? Brothers, in the spirit of the Eid, get real please?
    Monday at 10:09am · 
  • Rayyan Makno That's right, Brother Aminollah. They need to register. Prof. Nur tried it once but FAILED. Where s he now. Another group s trying again. The name MORO that they carry s a jinx that only few have d guts 2 own. D GRP cannot agree to refer 2 dat name bcoz they know dat their past name-calling mistake is CONTRARY TO THE LAW and against propriety. The most dat they can do s 2 refer 2 8 as MUSLIM MINDANAO, not MORO MINDANAO. In the name of Islam, be TRUTHFUL about your identity, please?
    Monday at 10:33am · 
  • Ardishier Muallam Arsad ‎???
    Monday at 10:35am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Like the /???/ ;)
    Monday at 10:38am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman And we might be misconstrued be flagged rejecting MNLF-MILF, farthest from whoever is dreaming we are, one day just one day, but not this day. Amongst from us, we debate like men and we still practice democracy, from the start there were objections but it was something crucial respond to a crisis situation, so we all agree. You don't call replace Nippon with Toyota just because they are top car salesmen, right? Convince us more why we should give up being Iranuns and replace them with Moro, convince us then?
    Monday at 10:44am · 
  • Ardishier Muallam Arsad If you are addressing that to me, i will tell you this: I absolutely do not have any problem with you whether you call yourselves Moro, Ilanun, or Iranun, Maranao, Malayu Mindanao, Merdeka or whatsoever. If you think you could muster enough forces or attract all other concerned tribes, why not do it? If you believe that by changing the name Bangsamoro into whatever Bangsa or name you have in mind you could save the people from your place, why not do it? Kung saan ka masaya, suportahan ta ka! Walang iwanan, walang dayaan, walang gulangan!
    Monday at 10:55am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Let me use their word affirm and reject: The ONUS OF PROOF is on them, the AFFIRMER OF THE SLUR (MORO, the black, the pirate, the uncivilized as according to d colonizers), not us THE REJECTONIST OF THE SLUR. OK, go ahead, Affirmer of the Slur.
    Monday at 10:55am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman That should be an acceptable premise, we neither vilify or of rather rectify something that is non-existent. Dream your day we will survive the dread of a flailing slur, brotherRayyan Makno you have my most esteemed respect and adulation, history is definitely behind us no doubt! Eid Mubarak to all!
    Monday at 11:16am · 
  • Drieza Al-moro ‎"dont rock the boat,while the boat is sailing." why make this fuss? we are being bombarded with so many intrigues coming from the all sides, extremists,rightists,lefti sts,centrists...the issue on MORO identity can be resolved after having our own...so why, now bro. aratawata?
    Monday at 12:17pm · 
  • Arata Wata Brother Dieza Al Moro, if you have read the opening statement you will understand why we want to rectify our name. Exactly! We are being atacked left and right, back and forth, up and down. 

In my humble opinion they dont give a damn shit about us. They dont have an ounce of respect to the bangsa maybe, just maybe because we proudly call ourselves the root word of moron. How about if get a proper name, a name that has no derogatory meaning?

And why now? The answer is why NOT now?
    Monday at 1:10pm · 
  • Arata Wata One more thing, by not being a Moro it doesnt mean we are less of a warrior, less patriotic. We are just calling a slur what it really is. A slur.

We can lie to ourselves as much as we want but Anaklito keeps his definition. He didnt go to achool and he is not a philosopher. And of course, we would mind what and how other people perceive us. I believe thats part of self respect.

Can you imagine everytime you talk about your name you also say, oh not that kind of morons. We are the good ones and please read history books, ooops, this book not that book.
    Monday at 1:26pm · 
  • Arata Wata Rayyan, you are the man! Dude, you gonna be fronting our side of the debate. Prepare for the real battle mkkkk. We will bring this issue to our people soon.

Again, we may differ in our views but we are still one bangsa. Happy eid.
    Monday at 1:36pm · 
  • Rayyan Makno We r not ROCKING d BOAT; we are seeing dat d BOAT MORO s not d REAL BOAT, hence 8 s not MOVING to its destination. Don't you see it? Very few r riding on 8...only those few who r numb about the true meaning of the SLUR and those who r dumb about the INSULT it carries all d way r riding on it and are pretending dat they have all d Muslims as their riders or passengers. It is an outright LIE bcoz all those they assumed to b MOROS have not AFFIRMED their IDENTITIES to b MOROS. If they travel anywhere n d world, dey r FILIPINO citizens w/ Filipino passport. Can anyone of you, brothers n sisters go 2 Hongkong or Malaysia 4 ur businesses or go 2 Hajj n Umra on a MORO passport? Be truthful, folks, otherwise f you are MORO on one and a LAWYER or Engineer n one and you say ur nationality is Moros n not Filipino while you had taken your oath as a law-abiding citizen, you are LYING allthroughout. And people who r habituated to LYING is a PATHOLOGICAL LIER, a LIAR in the highest degree, which s not allowed n Islam.
    Monday at 1:59pm · 
  • Rayyan Makno Ardisher, WE HAVE NO PROBLEM with you whether u shout 2 d world dat u r a PRODEST MORO..."Lakum dinukum wa liyadeen" bt f u ASSERT dat d Muslims n d Philippines r MOROS n d same manner as the kuffar (d Spanish, d English or American) n d orientalists n other western writers have been erroneously calling Muslims, then dat s GOING BEYOND D BOUNDS OF PROPRIETY. Who gave these KUFFARS and YOU the RIGHT to call the Muslims n d Philippines MOROS?
    Monday at 2:06pm · 
  • A Marcoum Arabain proud to be MORO!! Taas kamay always!,,
    Monday at 2:06pm · 
  • Rayyan Makno Where s d genealogical or racial connection between BLACK AFRICANS like the Berbers and the Malay people n Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan, except Adam alaihis salam and Noah alaihis salam? Are they on d SAME RACIAL STOCK as NEGROID or on the remote side MONGOLOID? Prove 2 us.
    Monday at 2:12pm · 
  • Arata Wata If I am Rayyan on the big day, I will ask these questions.

Do you swear, under oath, that the word Moro was never a slur on the Muslims in the country and that you have never ever heard of any Muslim offended by the word?

And do your parents know that you are a proud Moro?

But I am not Rayyan. Mkkk
    Monday at 5:54pm · 
  • Rayyan Makno There s no need 2 ask that question now bcoz 8 s OBVIOUS that HE BELIEVES that name is d GRANDEST NAME that he can be very proud of. OK, let him accept it as the NAME FOR HIM in total agreement with d Spanish n d Americans bcoz dat s his prerogative. No problem, HE IS THE PROUDEST MORO but let him be FAIR by not ATTRIBUTING THE NAME TO US who cannot accept all the bad images that name carries. Yuck!
    Monday at 6:00pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Can somebody tell us about the Palestine and its successful bid for freedom from Israel, please.
    Monday at 6:01pm via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Ok, if and when the Moro (represented by MNLF, MILF, BIFF) likewise succeeds in its bid for freedom, are the non-Moro amenable if the Moro drives them out from the Moroland? ;)
    Monday at 6:06pm via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave The 400-year war was fought between the Moro and the non-Muslims. I am saddened to consider that the war would likewise be fought between Moro and the non-Moro Muslims.
    Monday at 6:13pm via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave It is now clear that the enemies of the Moros are not from without - who are unanimously accepting the Moro as a regal race based from the evidence pointed out by Datu Ali - but from within, who are now trying to sow disunity and hatred between the ranks of the proud Moros and are mis-attributing all the bad connections to the term or word "moro" even though what they have are actually nonderivative.
    Monday at 6:18pm via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave IMHO, the history of Palestine has a closer connection to that of the Bangsamoro. Despite being stateless, the Palestine achieved observer status to the UN in 1974. The Palestine before its recognition had actually considered Jerusalem as its capital, even though Jerusalem was Israel's territory.

The Palestine people while being stateless pointed to the Biblical stories, where Philistin was mentioned, as a proof of their nationhood.

The idea propelled them to aim for a state of their own, the idea united them, the idea made them cohesive as a people: the idea, nay a dream, of a Palestinian state that anchored on their Palestinian Nationhood, made them strong.

So, they now get the recognition of the world.

The term Moro is already internationally accepted as our race, the race of the people in Muslim Mindanao. If we are to change it, it should not be now - as the term moro is the rallying cry of our freedom fighters: Moro National Liberation Front, Moro International Liberation Front, and Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters. It is what united them. Why should we malign the word that already attains positive international recognition? Why should we destroy the resolve of our warriors by claiming they are brandishing a jinx name?
    Monday at 6:38pm via mobile · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga Tama na yan brother Noe. it is obvious that makno here is only good at insulting people and not really out to a constructive discussion. We have constant access to the grassroots. we share the food and the heat of the sun with the communities of the 13 tribes least visited. And we know that they identify themselves as Moro. Let him continue to reap insults. Hangin lang yan.
    Monday at 7:37pm · 
  • Som Defender I think our colleagues who do not adhere for the term moro just wanted to straighten historical injustice committed against the two Realms of Sulu and Maguindanao whose rights where being hijacked or usurped by the so called freedom fighters in the late 1960s. They assume as if they fight for the rights of the two Realms but in reality wanted to eradicate its very institutions in the guise of democracy and Islam...
    Monday at 7:39pm · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro basta meron na tayong dalawang choices proposed by Rayyan Makno: MINSULANESIA AND MERDEKA.
    Monday at 7:55pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel i happened to talk small group of people in the community last week... i raised the issue of "how about renaming moro into other name" ... intellectuals are proposing something else which bears no bad connotation and avoidong slur... a 63 years old man rose up then opened the debate but he closed it immediately...his remark that others laughed off with no comment and closed the debate... "sagut sa problema namin ang gusto naming pag-uusapan...nakakain ba yang pagpapalit ng pangalan?"...any comments!
    Monday at 7:56pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga I think their history is incomplete ( i have said this over and over again and it seems it never sinks in). That the first time the moro nation and moro peopel term was used on document and publicly was BEFORE the so called usurping freedom fighters of the 1960s and 1970s. these terms were first used on the zamboanga declaration of 1924 and dansalan declaration of 1935. the point is it was not the authorship of the MNLF and MILF. they just continued what was consensusly agreed to by the leaders who signed the two documents. and there were over 100 of them gathered each time. why is this part of our history so often ignored. nakakaduda na kayo ah
    Monday at 7:58pm · 
  • Abdul Halim M. Revelo yan naman talaga ang basic quesiton ng ordinaryong mamamayan sir RDY at hindi sa pangalan.kawalan ang dapat unahin bago sana ang ibang pang bulaklak lang na usapin.
    Monday at 7:59pm · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro they keep on saying it's a slur. yet so far we have matched the challenge through history that Moro is not a slur, that it was not the Spaniards who first uttered it, that the (mis)identification is not on color but on faith, otherwise, the negritos must had been MORE MORO than the Moros themselves; that Moro was the nationality of Muslims from Iberian Peninsula to SEA (See Thomas McKenna's Muslim Rulers and Rebels) but later on meant to refer to the 13th ethno-linguistic group of Minsupala.
    Monday at 8:04pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel pero sir abdul, sila po yung nakakarami seguro may 80% sila... kung sila lahat ay ayaw pag-uusapan ang topiko... paanu yung malawakang support sa pagpapalit?
    Monday at 8:05pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga Merdeka? kamahardikaan? was blood spilt in the name of that term? were lives and property over the centuries destroyed because of that name? was our multi-generational history of suffering and inhumanity brought about by that term? NO! then why should i be proud or accepting of something my people did not sacrifice so much for - slur or not!! Sila nalang. I will busy myself with trying to help my colleague in civil society assuage their pain and present sub-human condition. They who more proudly carry the name MORO than I could even imagine. they who were left out and forgotten by their datus and sultans.
    Monday at 8:09pm · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro They fail to figure out the circumstances why and how Moro become a slur, artificially though in the dirty minds of the Spaniards and their later-day slaves, Filipinos. That through Filipino neo-colonialsm, the evolving Bangsamoro nationality was aborted, salvaged and made to petrify beyond history. thanks to history itself for history doesn't tell a lie. In fact, it is Filipinohood which is devoid of ethnicity and ethnically lost. Should we be strict of history, there shall be no Filipinos anymore after the Spaniards left.
    Monday at 8:09pm · 
  • Abdul Halim M. Revelo yun na din ang problema. dito sa maliit kong tindahan sir RDY kabibili lang ni babu ng toyo at suka.. ang perang piangbili eh talagang binalot pa talaga ng malong at celophane na sa aking opinyon eh talagang pinag iingatan talaga. yun lang po ang binili ni babu at uuwi pa syang maglakad ng dalawang kilometro tungo sa kanyang bahay. tinanong ko po sya sa punto nyo at kung mag matter ba sa kanya ang pangalan..sabe nya anak, marami nang namatay dyan at di pa rin nasasagot ang kahirapan. ang mabuti pag aralin mo ang iyong mga anak at maka gradwayt para magkaroon ng magandang trabaho.
    Monday at 8:10pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga The word transcendance from slur to something to be proud of is foreign perhaps to them. bawal ang evolution of a word. kay baka ma declare na bughaat ang pag evolve at pag transcend ng word na MORO from slur to legitimate people's identity.
    Monday at 8:12pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel the problem is really basic...
    Monday at 8:13pm · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal I thought the Spaniards are all gone... me mga remnants pa pala. :D If King Philip II is alive today, he would be very happy to know that his legacy was not only deeply grown in the Indios but also to the descendants of his most formidable enemy in the South East Asia...
    Monday at 8:14pm · 
  • Abdul Halim M. Revelo basic needs po ang problema at hindi po ang pangalan o pakikibaka..pagod na daw si babu dahil marami nang namatay sa kanyang pamilya...
    Monday at 8:14pm · 
  • Som Defender If I may ask whose territories are being referred to by that two (zamboanga and dansalan) declarations, isn't it the territories of the 2 Realms which were being recognized by other nations in the past? The term moro in that declaration connotes as those who professes the Islamic religion of Sulu and Maguindanao. These two nations should have their respective rights to self-determination not be lump into one.
    Monday at 8:19pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel oo nga kulang nalang tayong pagmumurahan ni babu... pagsabihan "pagkain hinihingi ko bakit bigyang mo ako ng bagong pangalan"... nakagpaaral kayo, educated! mahirap bang intindihin yun! pagkain! pagkain!!!
    Monday at 8:20pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga brother Som Defender, if you would care to read the histories about the two events, it was attended on both occasions by ALL, not only only restricted to the two realms. Those from as far as the Pulangi were in attendance in Zamboanga, in fact. I think these declarations can be found in King Faisal Museum. It would be worthwhile to look at their contents carefully.
    Monday at 8:32pm · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal Som Defender: "These two nations should have their respective rights to self-determination not be lump into one."

The documents used the same name--Moro. Was that a historical mistake? That was the call of the day.

No other can answer your queries better than the 2 historical documents. Have they wished to claim two distinct, separate and respective rights to self-determination then it should have been clearly stated. But what was clear, they used the same name--a unified call of respective sultanates for a distinct nation. I believe, they did not see having two different sultanates claiming a common aspiration as a problem, in fact they perceived it as a strength not a weakness.

The clear lesson of history for us present generation is to UNITE under ONE NAME! That is what the documents told us.
    Monday at 8:35pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel ‎"twas' the great wisdom of the two realms, indeed"... ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan makakarating man sa paparuruunan ng subrang nahihirapan...
    Monday at 8:41pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga Ang sa amin lang naman ay walang insultuhan sa thread na ito gaya ng ginawa ni Rayyan Makno kina Eryneon Eiryneon Wave at Datu Ali Al-Moro. Pwede naman tayong magbalitaktakan na mga pro-Moro at anti-Moro dito eh. Hindi natin kailangan mag insultuhan. Yun ang punto ko kanina. Insultuhin nyo pagka proud Moro namin, eh hindi naman namin kayo iniinsulto sa pagka Muslim Filipino ninyo or sa pagka merdekanyo ninyo. if you want to be etymologically called "Muslim slaves of King Philip II" then that is your right and who are we to question you. But you don't have a right to malign the identity that we chose for ourselves. Sino ba kayo anyway, di ba? Respetuhan lang. para tuloy ang ligaya ng balitaktakan dito.
    Monday at 8:57pm · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal Mabigat ata ang 'Muslim slaves'.... 'Muslim collaborators' na lang na asta kastila :D
    Monday at 9:02pm · 
  • Rafa Dillo Yel hayaan nyo na po sir Tommy Romuros Pangcoga... bahagi raw yan ng arte sa pagdidebate (art of debate)... natural lang daw yan sa mga kalahok sa mga balitaktakan pagkinakapus na ng makabuluhang argumento... o di kaya ay umabut na sa punto na di na kinaya ang magaling na argumento ng kabila...ang tawag nyan sa english "nagkadurugoang ilong na raw"...hehehe nosebleed... tendensya raw ng mga kalahok na yan ay ibaling kundi man ibaba sa bigkas pan-iinsulto ang argumento...sana maintindihan nyo po na talagang kinakapus lang ang ating kapatid...
    Monday at 10:16pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Hehehe! Fallacy of Ad hominem ba un, brod Tommy, brod Rafa? ;) At the end of the day, we are friends . . . Na na na na . . . . Da da da da . . . . Eid mubarak!
    Monday at 10:49pm via mobile · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria ika 464 na ni nga msg
    Monday at 11:10pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Malapit ng matalo si Datu Lantaka. ;)
    Monday at 11:12pm via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno When the AFFIRMATIONISTS OF THE SLUR could not answer question posed on them, they resort to shallow talks that has no bearing in the discussions, ie. "Eiryneon Wave Ok, if and when the Moro (represented by MNLF, MILF, BIFF) likewise succeeds in its bid for freedom, are the non-Moro amenable if the Moro drives them out from the Moroland? ;)" This shows that they FAIL to understand that whatever these MOROS are doing, they are capitalyzing on the MUSLIM PEOPLE who were not given the chance in a referendom or whatever form of general consultation to approve of the NAME these MOROS unilaterally refer to them. Now, they have the audacity to tell the people THEY ARE USING as theirs the PROSPECT OF DRIVING THEM OUT OF THEIR HOMELAND. The discussion was on the name MORO and they are already entertaining the idea of dividing the people, viz FIRST as REJECTIONISTS of a SLUR NAME vis-a-vis AFIRMATIONISTS and now REJECTIONISTS vs AFFIRMATIONIST of FREEDOM. From a name to freedom? You do not actually understand the whole discussion and resort to thinking of us as ENEMIES. By your ways of misdirecting the discussions, let me ask you again and again: WHO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CALL US AN UN-ISLAMIC NAME TJHAT WE HAD NOT THE CHANCE TO APPROVE? And by using us as your STAKE in your undertakings, WHO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO THINK OF EJECTING US IN OUR HOMELAND where we are the undeniable owners of our land? You mention everytime of grassroots that has no bearing in the discussion. You talk of fallacy but all your legalese words and statements are NON-SEQUITORS but you DO NOT SEE THEM. This is not a formal DEBATE as you thought all the way. Why you cannot go back to the POINT OF DISCUSSION that is the SLUR that Misuari and you took as a our NAME?
    Monday at 11:39pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga By the way, Iranun is a separate and distinct tribe from the Mranao (or whatever you call this tribe of ours this time around, mashaallah!) Try to go to the Barira and Buldon territories and tell them to their faces that they are one with our tribe, or that they are descended from our tribe. let's see how they react. accurate history indeed.
    Monday at 11:39pm · 
  • Tommy Romuros Pangcoga Point of fact remains is that those who oppose the term moro to mean our identity are those who refuse to acknowledge that it was the leaders of the 13 tribes who first use it in 1924 and 1935. Point is, they always point to Prof. Misuari as the one who coined the term. Eh kung angkinin ko na ako ang gumawa ng microsoft, maniniwala ka ba? Ang sabi ko kanina pumunta sa King Faisal Museum at basahin ang Zamboanga Declaration at Dansalan Declaration doon. How can i believe you when your basis are only dictionary based?
    Monday at 11:43pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Yes, Rayyan Makno. I, for one, consider your initiative at this point in time as DIVISIVE.
    Monday at 11:44pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Tommy Romuros Pangcoga, reading the discussions, im starting to develop a theory. you may all be correct.. the "Moro" and the not "Moro' terms. It could have evolved... could we discuss this further?
    Monday at 11:46pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Hence the shadow talk.
    Monday at 11:47pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Eiryneon Wave, can we collaborate on advancing the theory?
    Monday at 11:47pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Yes, bai. This is healthy. Just please don't resort to ad hominem. ;) We're just having fun.
    Monday at 11:48pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya chat tau.. i'll present to you a theory... is Tommy Romuros Pangcoga online? pwede ba group chat?
    Monday at 11:51pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave I have only one contention point: the initiative is not yet timely. Educating the masses AT THIS POINT OF TIME about the new name (while maligning the term moro) will further divide the Bangsamoro nation.
    Monday at 11:52pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya chat tau..
    Monday at 11:53pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Ok , cge my darling Princess of the Mat. . . ;)
    Monday at 11:53pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya because we do not see the whole picture...
    Monday at 11:54pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave And I mean 'nation', not 'state'.
    Monday at 11:55pm via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya chat.....
    Monday at 11:55pm · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya chat.....
    Monday at 11:55pm · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya Anybody... do we have the original text of the Danasalan Declaration and the Treaty of Paris?
    Tuesday at 12:09am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Meron sa Moro History and Culture, princess. ;)
    Tuesday at 12:24am via mobile · 
  • Arata Wata Here is a simulation of the basic discourse: 

The Proud Moros were called liars, of the many other names they were called, because the Anti-Moros believe that they are lying through their teeth when they claim the glory of the name and that we called ourselves Moros 50 years before the coming of the Spaniards.

Of course, the Proud Moros, as proud as they are, are furious because they honestly believe in their own research, which incidentally are words of Western authors, Spaniards and Jose Rizal. 

The Proud Moros vehemently denies that they are liars. But the Anti-Moros keep calling them liars. They write in all their comments that they are lying through their teeth.

So applying the same logic the Proud Moros have on this refurbished and repackaged MORO brand name, DOES IT MEAN THAT THE PROUD MOROS ARE TRULY AND PROUDLY LIARS BECAUSE THE ANTI-MOROS SAY SO?

Yeah, we can just disregard what MNLF Chairman Nur Misuari and Senator Alonto said about the name. Forget that many of us are offended by the name. Its the fault of the Anti-Moros that they are not enlightened by the "true" definition of the word. Anaklito has to go to school to learn history and philosophy. It is the Spaniards and Filipinos who gave Moro a bad name, DUH?

Eiryneon Wave, we have as much right to our homeland as the Proud Moros. I think, I heard that threat in previous discussions with Proud Moros. Good thing, we know. God forbid the Proud Moros becomes the leaders of the Bangsa.

The truth, brothers and sisters, is that there never was a single Bangsa for all the Muslim tribes in the archipelago. We are trying to correct the label given to us as a single entity by our enemies. 

Moro nation is an illusion. At best, its a dream which will remain a dream even if we get our independence, if ever. Why? Because we will not call our country MORO.
    Tuesday at 12:50am · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria bai macadampas, excerpt of Dansalan Declaration
    Tuesday at 12:53am · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria pls click the link
    Tuesday at 12:54am · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria bai macadampas, excerpt of Dansalan Declaration
    Tuesday at 12:55am · 
  • Violeta M. Gloria Bai Macadampas Inaya: 1. That the Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo was a sovereign and independent state for more than 400 years prior to the unlawful occupation of he Americans at that time headed by Sultan Jamalul
    Kiram II up to the signing of the Carpenter Memorandum on
    March 22, 1915; (as contained in the explanatory note of this
    memorandum.)
    2. That the Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo was not conquered as
    a state by Spain and therefore, in its entity, was not a colonial territory of the Spanish Crown.;
    3. That the Americans officially acknowledged and recognized the sovereignty of Sultan Jamalul Kiram II in the Bates Treaty concluded between Sulu and the United States on August 20, 1899 by using the term "The Government of the Sultan" in said Agreement;
    4. That the Sultanate of Sulu was not ceded and sold by Spain to the United States in the December 10, 1898 Treaty of Paris. This was also explicitly confirmed in Articles IV, XIV of the Bates Treaty of August 20, 1899 as ratified by President William McKinley;
    5. The Carpenter Memorandum also confirmed that the Sultanate of
    Sulu was not a political component of the First Philippine Republic
    under the Presidency of Gen. Emilio F. Aguinaldo who declared
    war against the United States on Feb. 4, 1899 and therefore Sulu was not part of the Theater of War between Aguinaldo''s Republic and the United States making the U.S. invasion of Sulu and Mindanao patently perfidious and unlawful from the standpoint of the Law of War of 1863, (1898) International Law, the Law of Nations, and the U.S. 1787 Constitution.
    In my honest opinion this was another noxious political trap and gambit employed by the Americans to legitimize the unlawful and reprehensible military occupation of Sulu and Mindanao and finally the despotic and unilateral incorporation of these two Sultanates into the U.S.-brokered Philippine Republic under the 1935 Constitution and the Tydings
    McDuffie Law granting self-government on July 4, 1946 to the Filipinos despite the overwhelming objection of the Mindanao and Sulu inhabitants.
    The Sulu petition of June 19, 1921
    The opposition was first expressed by 57 Moro datus and Sulu leaders on June 9, 1921 in support of U.S. Congressman Robert Bacon''s Mouse Bill # 12772 proposing the separation of Mindanao and Sulu from the Philippines introduced on June 9, 1921. The Moro datus and leaders of Sulu petitioned the American authorities in Manila and Washington "not to turn over Sulu to the Filipinos in the North to be governed by them without our consent and that upon us a government not of our own people, nor by our people, and not/or our people." But this petition for self-determination of the Moro people, was totally disregarded, ignored, and unceremoniously thrown into the legislative thrash can by the Americans in wanton violation of all democratic principles and traditions of governance which are enshrined and embodied in the U.S. 1787 Constitution
    The Dansalan declaration of March 18, 1935
    The Mindanao leaders also vehemently opposed the annexation of the Moro homeland to the Republic of the Philippines under the 1935
    Constitution and the Tydings McDuffie Law granting Philippine
    Independence on July 4, 1946. This was historically known as the Dansalan Declaration addressed to the U.S. President on March 18, 1935. This declaration of the Mindanao leaders also suffered the same legislative fate as the petition of the Sulu leaders of June 9, 1921.
    By utterly denying and totally disregarding the legitimate and popular political aspiration of the inhabitants of Mindanao and Sulu not to be incorporated into the body politic of the Republic of the Philippines, the Americans blatantly violated their own 1787 Constitution, the Universal
    Declaration of Human Rights, the purposes of the United Nations, and the Law of Nations, which they constitutionally embodied to uphold, recognize, and respect.
    For the latest Zamboanga City and Philippine news stories and videos, visit ZamboTimes.com
    Tuesday at 12:57am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan the momentum is still high....hahahaha....bring it on guys. We are just making Zuckerberg even richer. Oh Allah, please dont let this thing affect the Progress for the Bangsamoro People. Long Live Philippines, LongLive Mindanao, Long Live Bangsamoro, Long Live Sultanate of Bago-a-inged. hahahahahaha...Eid Mubarak Ya'll
    Tuesday at 12:59am · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya lt will not... it will even enhance our relationships after we have resolved this issue..
    Tuesday at 1:01am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave You are all correct, maams and sirs! Should you want to hear what my position in this discussion is this --

1) I am not against the change of identity from Moro to whatever.

2) But not now! At a later date perhaps?

3) Because the term "Moro" is still doing a great purpose - of uniting the Muslim tribes.

4) So for the time being, I find it bad to malign the term "MORO," as it is still being used by all the fronts: MNLF, MILF, BIFF.

5) I suggest that we first unite under this name Moro. Let's ignore first the bad derivative, as they are not felt that bad today.
    Tuesday at 1:05am via mobile · 
  • Bai Macadampas Inaya we could be moros while retaining our tribal identity..
    Tuesday at 1:08am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave I am not even a Moro, I am a Tausug. But i find the Term Moro has still the uniting force. May the force be with you!
    Tuesday at 1:10am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman “The term Moro is already internationally accepted as our race, the race of the people in Muslim Mindanao” Eiryneon Wave.

Let me just retell the story narrated as perhaps the trigger that I did, inadvertently or not, that bloated debates of both claimers and disclaimers. But between from amongst us originators of the coin Moro as representing the modern-day struggle to have then passed for us a name, was a very crucial one moment of necessity, find for us a name for a liberation army for Muslims to relate with. Badly targeted obviously in a campaign of genocide by government, a government bent on inflicting as much damage kill in hundreds, thousands of us Muslims, communities to flatten, decimate. A heinous crime against humanity UN affiliated human rights groups say to be a war crime issue.

Professor Ma’as spent the evening with us then very young ‘child soldiers’ and his was stern, we have only one night to decide on a name. Then that one evening everyone of our elders were suicidal having lost one member of their ‘batch 90’, they were furious and angry, I thought to myself, this is it and myself as everyone barely out of our shorts youth of our era started to bid, pinned every day of that era our last, this was the early early 70s. Shown us that evening was a picture of a badly mutilated child, limbs severed nose and ears knifed and removed, but miraculously survived, our Libyan brothers took the child to Libya for further treatment.

Names were of no consequence, ours frets of scorn and pure anger and we are without questions to ask, plenty of whys and wherefores I assure you, we were on a serious warpath like the one our forefathers did, a Jihad Fi Sabilillah!

In my subconscious, I suggested Mindanao & Sulu NLF. But says my elders, too long and a bit softy, they obviously want something to leave an impression, something fearsome an imprint of invincibility. My cousin Bob, a serious thinker and possessing of a resolve of pure steel thought of the coin Moro, he says this will register well make the enemy wetting, soiling pants before a battle can even begin to happen, it struck and so henceforth, the MNLF. However, never in our subconscious would we as cadres call our Islamic code of belief and ethnic identity be called Moros, you just don’t do that while with very young Muslims armed and dangerous and well trained.

It was a crisis scenario, hardly any time to even kiss the wife goodbye, Martial law was at the behest and the news of its coming then was honestly very scary, but we never show it. It was a necessary measure and with urgency, challenges of times hardly anyone can tell or even give time to ponder over, and names don’t mean a thing, we just use them no cinch.

But more than a decade before, as a 4th grader pupil, first timer in Manila, the afternoon of my day in school to wind, altercations not far from where I was startled my day in disbelief seeing my mother’s cousin, an uncle, bullied and then manhandled. The Moro-Moro coin blasted me from sudden fits of uncontrolled anger, got mine a rock and charged as if to save my uncle from college boys me an underweight, a 4th grader kid!

Must’ve hit one so hard one of the bullies grabbed me by my feet kept me aloft upside down for the longest time, I was helpless a pupil among college bullies, what can I really do but be made fun of, a little Moro? I can never forget that day I learned what the moro slur was to be for me.

The moment it got to home, everyone came to pay the school a seriously menacing visit, my school was never the same again overtaken by mob of really ready to kill Muslims, the students came from practically everywhere but fewer at the time. My uncle passed about two years ago and was a DENR director from Maguindanao and Iranaon, my mother mind you was among with the marauding mob, herself running amuck.

Eiryneon, it is our collective actions that can register, not the Moro coin, sure we are recognized by the OIC, Islamic nations who gave support because of our being Muslims, not the Moro name.

But of course, we use this name if only to allow us the opportunity achieve our goals for the peace process, but my God let us change soonest it's done okay Eiryneon Wave?
    Tuesday at 1:11am · 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Amomoai.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service