ArataWata.Com

Home of the Kini.Kini.Rock Music © Amomoai & Baooai

Here's one more Piss Book discussions about the Ingaran a MOROs.

Arata Wata The current barrages of verbal abuses against our Bangsa is obviously an issue of respect. The Indios have come to believe that we don't deserve an ounce of respect and so they can say or do whatever they like without repercussions. Unfortunately, until we get the respect of the Indios, we'll never get justice from them.

How can we gain their respect? 

We've been fighting the longest running war of resistance in history and some of us took the brand name MORO to scare them but we may have scared some but we lost the respect of many.

How about if we drop the brand name MORO (after all its not ours) and assume a proper name, a respectable name that emphasizes our commonality with the Indios. Let our new name declare that we are all Malays, that we were all brothers and sisters before the freakin' Spaniards came and spread their religion and mayhem.

Lets break the tribal divide. If we are not the feared and hated MOROs, if we are their Malay brethrens, maybe, they will be more accomodating to our aspirations. 

Its easier to give something good to a brother than to an enemy. Don't you think?

Oh, how I hate the name MORO anyways... and so many of us share the same sentiment about this Spanish-given freakin' name.

I believe proper name is important in our struggle.

Views: 2118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• Darkieboy Darksultan lower the pride.....for its true.....i agree with your first sentence brother....but regarding the integrity of my physiologo-anatomy.....don t worry...my nodes of ranvier are still intact between my myelin sheath are still intact.....no hard feelings man.....
    Yesterday at 2:27am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan anyways.....this is a very sweet welcome to me...thank you very much....yarhamakumullah ya ikwan wa akawaatihi ♥
    Yesterday at 2:28am · 
  • Edris Tamano Rayyan is right, the raisons-d'etre of Muslims is to lead the Islamic way of life--that includes politics. In pursuing this, we are pleasing Allah alone. We live and die for Allah alone. If we WILLFULLY adopt a form of governance other than Islam, those who live or die for it LIVE AND DIE IN VAIN. If the MILF is asking for a democratic governance in a delegated authority in the autonomy, viz the ARMM, the struggle is in vain, too. The flaws of the corrupt system of the main will just be reiterated to end up with the GRPs conclusion that it is again another failed experiment. It is by a force of circumstance that we are living in a society and government that is not suited for us. That is the onus of our struggle, passive or active. Our success is to please Allah since in doing so, prosperity, development, and progress shall come to us with Allah's permission. There is no amount of reasoning that can defy DIVINE decisions. Whatever happens in our midst, Allah require us to be TRUTHFUL as ALLAH is HAQQ (the Truth). All our undertakings will be of BARAKAH if it can be RECTIFIED for the sake of Allah. If it is founded on an UN-TRUTH, say a thing that is false, Allahu A'lam. HAPPY EID, MY BROTHERS. Wassalam...fi amanillah.
    Yesterday at 2:53am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan well said ya akh edris. count me me in with your liking for akh rayyan's pieces. Allah the sublime knows everything in the past, present and the future. Islamic perspective has always been the foundation of the struggle in Mindanao and kullu makaan ma'a islam-claiming society. Now, on the realistic point of view, even Saudi Arabia cannot stand and say "we are running our state/government within the framework of islamic perspectives with all its aspects i.e. justice system, economy etc. It is very obvious. If really the THULTH in the KSA flag is being spread all over the desert, then we should not be seing the anti-islam company being established and patronized in haramain premises. Even the pakistan cannot brag that they are running their government Islamically even though they have only khamsa fil miya kufaar. Let us to be realistic, in our land, at least we could stand our identity bounded by the values of the religion of the Best Guys S.A.W. For Islamizing the nation, leave it to the owner of the religion. He knows what HE does. I still believe the "Islam cannot be found in any country, it is in the heart and soul of the muslim who cries everytime he sees a muslim oppressed, whose esophagus contricts while eating promising food and suddenly remembering the muslim community not eating. My end here has nothing against your ends. Deep in my heart, i am a maguindanaon, my pride resides in my marrows. But deep in the thought of my mind, resides the will and dream for Moro Unity within the land. For our bangsa is for me, the best bangsa after the bangsa quraish....astagfirullah.. ...
    Yesterday at 3:41am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Reposted: "They will not respect you even if you respect them. :D They will only respect you if you follow their footsteps...-Sam ALih Mustal". Sorry for qouting you Akh Sam and breaching some intellectual property rights. I was just waiting for this sentence to come out......dont really like it to come out from me. But this is actually the foundation of the foundation or the foundation of Islam that every mammal claiming as Islam...should put in mind always....Comment Akh Sam you should have put after your post "-Mohammed Salla Allahu Alaihi Wasallam :) (since this just a qouted sentence from HIM)
    Yesterday at 3:55am · 
  • Edris Tamano That reminds me of my discussion with a Pakistani friend of mind. I told him that if I could suggest, the name ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN should be changed to ISLAMIC STATE OF PAKISTAN (dawlah Islamia) since REPUBLIC (res pblicus or affair of the public is an affront to democracy) is not an Islamic governance. The model of such a state is buried in history--we only need to recollect the days of the Prophet (saw), the Khulafa Al-Rashidun and the muttabi'een. We must not close the possibility that we can do it even though you may not find a model among the modern secular states. It is always easier for us Muslims to interperet and implement Islamic governance than the democratic models of the West. Our forefathers, in their crude interpretation, exemplified Islamic governance in the past through the Sultanates. The problem now is everyone is turning its back to the Islamic legacy an impose what the neo-colonialist insist: "Those who are not with us are with the ....ists". Can anyone conclude on things that had not been tested? People had not yet done what the Muslim in the past did. Islam is not only about WHAT'S IN THE HEART AND MIND; it has to be asserted, applied, implemented, or done. EEMAN is belief and deed.
    Yesterday at 4:55am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan we have different perspectives in this matter ya akh but ma indi mashakil agreeing with you. True...why not... Determination -> Sincerity -> will -> effort ->>>>> suplication. (allahuma takabbal minna, inaka antal aliymul hakiym....ya akh idris.....i have the feeling that we are both in the middle of the desert...i'll add u up....ramadhan kariym.....
    Yesterday at 5:03am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan ADDENDUM: BRAIN: Resides the criterion, HEART (figure of speech): Interpret criteria, BODY (Fi'il): Executes the interpretation. I left the third aspect empty for the sake of conversation.
    Yesterday at 5:05am · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal Darkieboy Darksultan: I think it is more of Quranic than Prophetic narration, what I am sure of is that mine is not the exact wordings. Thanks for pointing out. :)
    Yesterday at 5:53am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan sure sure sure...this if of the verses of the Qur'an (Al kariym) but it was redundantly uttered by the best guy (salla allahu alaihi wasallam) lyiing in his masjid in yathrib.
    Yesterday at 5:55am · 
  • Arata Wata I was gonna say this,

Good, the clowns have arrived. We can start the freak show now. Did you clowns even read the arguments and think for a minute before you open your mouths?... I didn't think so because its rather lenghty and there's no middle ground with clowns. Duh!

But its Ramadhan. So I say, welcome to the show. MKKKKKKKKKKK...
    Yesterday at 6:06am · 
  • Arata Wata I think, we've gathered enough inputs. We can move on...
    Yesterday at 6:09am · 
  • Arata Wata Oh, before I get back to sleep. We also have a say in what to call our Bangsa. You can't hold hostages the 10 million Muslims with your uncompromising attitude. Darn it, I can almost see the future of the Bangsa with these clowns... I feel sad.
    Yesterday at 6:19am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro Arata WataDarkieboy Darksultan et al "has something to say" like wise man does; he and great others here is unlikely to imitate a fool who only "have to say something." My Bro. Darkieboy et al, papaninggalus ka bu na! manalundog aku bu ali ko. And if you are for wise engagement Arata, don't take their facts as jokes. Only fools do such.
    Yesterday at 6:22am · 
  • Edris Tamano Darkieboy, the heart has also BRAIN with those trillion cells being processed in its chambers in every cycle, with each cell storing files of intelligence. So let's take all these with OPEN MIND and a BIG HEART.
    Yesterday at 7:27am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro Brethren:

So far, the “rejectionists” don’t have yet offered anything except the following:

1) boneless contention ( as I should say) that “Moro” is a slur;

2) Why it is a slur is because it was a label given by the Spaniards which connotes (all and sundry evil things) of the Moro;

3) That it must be changed because Moro is not gaining the love and respect of the Indios-cum-Filipinos; (would it otherwise?)

4) That by discarding Moro and replacing it with other novel one would “probably” gain us some plus-point to have our RSD finally (would a name liberate an oppressed people? Whew!);

5) That the “rejectionists” still don’t have in their pockets any “alternative nationality” in replacement of the “Moro” that would not invite laugh from historians. (Please be careful of your proposals so as even kindergarten historians would not die laughing at.)

6) The "affirmist" shall be back….:-D
    Yesterday at 7:45am · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal Arata Wata: "Lets break the tribal divide. If we are not the feared and heated MOROs, if we are their Malay brethrens, maybe, they will be more accomodating to our aspirations."

I think the Arabs and the Yahud are related from one nation, that of Prophet Abraham alayhis salam through the noble sons Nabi-brothers Ismael and Ishaq alayhis salatu wassalam but look at them in Palestine they cannot even be brothers in humanity :D 

Heed the Quran Karim, they will not stop until you follow them. :D Okay, that is for the case of Moros [predominantly Muslims] vs Filipinos [predominantly Christians]. 

What about Moros [Muslims] vs real Malay Brethren [that of Malaysia]? According to the recent Wikileaks cable release, Malaysia is not happy if their "Malay Brethren" Bangsamoro will gain autonomy. So what more if Independence? The more Malaysia will be problematic! 

Or perhaps, your suggestion would also be a relief to the Malaysian authorities because of the threat the "Filipinos" in Sabah, who are actually Bangsamoro, are posing. Would Malaysia be happy for having them the new "Malay Brethrens"?

Breaking the "tribal divide" to come up with a "tribal unite", ie seemingly one united tribe, is futile. No less than Allah Taala inform us that having TRIBES or tribal divide is natural and part of creation. What humanity especially the Muslims can do is to "recognize" one another, respect one another.

Now, the question will be: How can others RESPECT you if you yourselves does not RESPECT your own? 

When did the Manila colonial government started to respect the Muslims in Mindanao? Did they respected us even though we have men like Alontos of Lanao, Amilbangsas of Sulu, Pendatuns of Cotabato and other brave Muslim parliamentarians in Philippine Congress of the old days? 

Did your Ilaga neighbors in Iligan respected the Maranaos without the Blackshirts? Their respect was expressed in massacres. They only respected you when you are dead because for them a "dead Moro, is a good Moro", and so only the good deserves respect, ie when you are dead. 

When Maas Kamlon revolted, they started to respect us; when they succeed in neutralizing Maas Kamlon, their respect deteriorated.

When the MNLF took the arms and your colonizing Malay Brethren of the North declared that they almost lost Mindanao, their bigotry turn into respect.

History already told us how respect is build in this part of the world... If we will not learn from it, even our "REAL MALAY BRETHREN" in nearby Malaysia is not truly respecting us. They will only respect us if we do not touch our own Sabah! Their participation in the peace talks since time immemorial is to make sure that their INTEREST is well-protected and safe-guarded, respect is not in their lot towards us! Otherwise Sabah should have been a safe haven for the Bangsamoro, but look at their plight in Sabah. Your REAL MALAY BRETHREN only respect us when the old MNLF was at the peak of its might and the revolution was raging! 

You said, "Its easier to give something good to a brother than to an enemy. Don't you think?" So why do you think Malaysia your REAL MALAY BRETHREN, who is indirectly not part of the issue of autonomy, is getting nervous if Bangsamoro gain even an "autonomy"? 

Please learn these simple lessons of history. :D

Also you said, "Oh, how I hate the name MORO anyways... and so many of us share the same sentiment about this Spanish-given fucking name."

Originally, only the Spaniards HATE the Moro. More than hundred years ago passed they left us sold to a new master. 

I think Christianity is not the only LIVING LEGACY of the Spaniards to the Filipinos. Even to their staunch and notorious mortal enemy--the Moros--were given legacy in a form of HATRED TOWARDS THE MOROS. 

Perhaps you are acting Spanish but you perceive not :D ROFL!
    Yesterday at 9:12am · 
  • Sam Alih Mustal If King Philip II was alive and reading these post, he will be LOLing and ROFLing and LMAOing! :D
    Yesterday at 9:16am · 
  • Rayyan Makno You are not following the thread when you say, "So far, the “rejectionists” don’t have yet offered anything except the following:

1) It is NOT " boneless contention ( as I should say) that “Moro” is a slur", more than a SLUR, it is an outright LIE bcoz you Proud Moros are NOT North African Blacks and you have no racial connection with them..then you take it as our national identity..Islam FORBID lying. Since you don't feel the seriousness of the INSULT and the SIN in Islam, let me put it in Tagalog: MINURA TAYO NG MGA KASTILA NA MORO, MAITIM, PIRATA, MAMAMATAY TAO, at kung anu-ano pa, TINANGGAP niyo na, IPINAGBUNYI at IPINAGMALAKI pa, at pati ang mahigit sampung milyon katao, idinamay niyo pa. You willfully USURP the RIGHTS of the people. Where is your conscience?

2)Saying " Why it is a slur is because it was a label given by the Spaniards which connotes (all and sundry evil things) of the Moro" is short of what had been said. It was more than a label; it was a curse made out of extreme hatred. And again on the part of the perpetrators whose crime you become proud of, THEY LIED because people they are cursing at are not MOROS, never MOROS and will never be MOROS in TRUTH even if you PAINT them with a BLACK color. Rizal, in his piece dipel the racial slur. Hence the SPANIARDS LIED about the Muslims in the Philippines and you, too, LIED by perpetrating the LIE.

3)Saying "That it must be changed because Moro is not gaining the love and respect of the Indios-cum-Filipinos; (would it otherwise?)" is only a particle of the long series of discussions about the worst things this MORO has resulted into. You are only MITIGATING the tragic result of adopting an INSULT as a name. How do you pick up the pieces after Moros return to the GRP one by one? Where are the leaders now? 

4)Again, saying " That by discarding Moro and replacing it with other novel one would “probably” gain us some plus-point to have our RSD finally (would a name liberate an oppressed people? Whew!)" only shows YOU CANNOT READ BETWEEN THE LINES. No wonder, you cannot tell what is an insult, a curse, a slur, a lie and more bad things from the GOOD, the Right, and the TRUTH..so you are a proud MORO. 

5) Again, yaying "That the “rejectionists” still don’t have in their pockets any “alternative nationality” in replacement of the “Moro” that would not invite laugh from historians. (Please be careful of your proposals so as even kindergarten historians would not die laughing at.)" reiterates your MISUNDERSTANDING the whole postings. You are lost more than we thought you are. We have not yet come to that point because of your INTRANSIGENCE to accede to the request and now you are saying we do not have replacement. If your ability to think stopped, ours is not. When we open the discussion on names, we will have many, many beautiful appropriate names than your ALIEN name Moro. 

6) Saying, "The "affirmist" shall be back….:-D, will you be back to TWIST the TRUTH again and make the CURSE as a THING OF BEAUTY to be proud of. Ask anyone who knows MORO in history if it is a RESPECTABLE, HONORABLE WORD. Read, man, READ.
    Yesterday at 11:08am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman This is beautiful Rayyan!
    Yesterday at 11:12am · 
  • Arata Wata Rayyan Makno, I couldn't have answered it any better. 

The bottom line is there is nothing that we can say to these Proud MOROs to even let them come to understand what we're saying. They become true MOROs, the Spaniards described them to be. That's why you don't want to take a curse as a name. Nagiging totoo. 

God save the Bangsa from these kind of MOROs. I know other MOROs are at least open to the idea but not these ones. These are hardened ones. Its just impossible to talk to them.
    Yesterday at 11:38am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro next for the reply to the long tirade. anywayRayyan Makno, instead of demanding you to palm off checklist of proposed names (be sure a kindergarten will not die laughing at) why should you have many choices of names when there is already one that can somehow "earn" the respect and love of the indios? why should you contrive for any out-of-this space names when there has been one that the Indios-cum-Filipino want us to be? why not adopt FILIPINO instead? and oh, you are the one who is proposing so better check your temper, neigh, emotionality, as you all caps demonstrates your easy irritability on our "recalcitrance" from being gullible. :-D
    Yesterday at 11:44am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro MINSULANESIAN? Lols! you can't contrive any derivatives of this "13grammaton" even you go to the Planet of the Apes and have some seminar there.
    Yesterday at 11:49am · 
  • Arata Wata Alright, we said what we believe but we are still one Bangsa whether we like it or not. When the shit hits the fan, we all suffer, MOROs or not. We'll move on.

I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling. I am just a Pilandok. Only Allah is perfect.

Here's another song by Amomoai. Its called, "Giginawai Tano", meaning "Lets be friends".

http://www.youtube.com/sir aoul#p/u/36/dKClxqCEotI
    www.youtube.com
    Manga Salida i Arata Wata. Please visitwww.ArataWata.Com for discussions of Arata Wata's videos.

Yesterday at 1:37pm ·  · 
  • Arata Wata Here's what I am gonna do.

- make a pdf file of the discussion, taking the arguments from both sides. outcome will be like a newsprint. I will post here the pdf file.

- "test the waters" at the NRP (Non-Resident Pilandok) organizations in the Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia

- send copies to the radio and tv stations and schools
    Yesterday at 2:25pm · 
  • Eiryneon Wave I simply admire the soundness of logic of people who are natural logician. God bless, America!
    Yesterday at 2:30pm via mobile · 
  • Reynaldo Rayhan-Reyes The Bangsamoro youth agree with Datu Ali, there is no need in changing the identity 'Moro' because it has defined our distinction with the Filipino colonisers, who usurped our priceless freedom for economic and megalomaniac greed. Bangsamoro is now used outside the Philippines referring to the proud people defying the onslaughts of Spanish, American, Japanese and Filipino colonisers. It is used always in the annual conferences of the 57-nation Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC). In neighboring countries, like Malaysia and Indonesia, if you tell them you're a Bangsamoro or Moro, they show respect because they would always have the idea of "housemaid" and "akyatbahay" Filipino at the back of their minds. So, let us be proud being Bangsamoro because the identity basically defines the adherents as Muslims or faithfuls of Islam akin to Muslim "Moors, Maurus or Mauris" of Mauretania that ruled Spain for 872 years. But if we may propose, why can't we join
    the move to change the name Philippines (and identity Filipino) being curse from the beginning to a better one? Bangsamoro Ramadan Mubarak!
    Yesterday at 3:32pm via  · 
  • Gerardo Deleon and if we cannot get rid of the moro tag on us by the colonizer of the moroland then we might as well just be proud and enjoy it..
    22 hours ago · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan KAKA DATU....the absurd fact that tickles my laughter hormone was that i logically cleared myself as homozygous maguindanaon. with a jest of being bisaya. I was on the complete dream that guys on the other ends wont put me in the latter flock.....but.....but....s ubhanallah. What are we doing....creating a quagmire for the progress? i know most cannot understand this......makalat sa ginawa
    10 hours ago · 
  • Arata Wata I will be dead honest with you Brother Darkieboy Darksultan and please take this in a positive way. Its for your own good. You need to change your writing style. Its not only confusing and difficult to understand but its very annoying with all those "decorations". MKK

Poor grammar and wrong spelling are excusable. I commit them all the time and many Americans can't write. But our writings should at least be pleasing even if the content is otherwise.

This line below threw me off. Maybe, I was annoyed and did not really understand the context. My sincerest apologies.

"By the way…I am not a maguindanaon…..i am a bisaya…hahahahahahahah"

Why are you guys so adamant in your position about this foreign ethnic slur? I am sure your parents, relatives and Muslim friends, at some times were slurred on being MOROs and here you are dying to be called MOROs. Just for a minute, can you guys switch side and think about the situation? 

Think about the rest of the 10 Million Muslims who are offended by the name. Just now, I got an email from my nephew, a medical student and he said that its difficult to find lodging when you are a Muslim, a MORO. Shouldn't we be working on rectifying our history and fixing our image? Where are your maratabat?
    3 hours ago · 
  • Arata Wata I believe this debate comes down to the Proud Moros believing they have redefined the meaning of word MOROs versus the Anti-Moros saying that a slur is a slur is a slur, a false name based on false identity and whats wrong with having a good name if it would benefit the Bangsa in many ways, blah, blah, blah, da, da, da...

Let the 10 million Muslims be the judge! The 90 million Indios, the spectators.

Anyone from the audience have something to say? Please post so I can add it in the PDF file.
    2 hours ago · 
  • Ibrahim S Omar On the occasion of Laylat al-Qadar (Night of glory, power and blessing), the Bangsamoro people of Mindanao under Philippine colonialism wish to greet our brethren in Facebook, the Muslim freedom fighters and peace advocates worldwide as well as the Islamic Ummah in Africa, Europe, America and Asia-Pacific - Salamat Ramadan Karim! Bangsamoro Ramadan Mubarak!
    August 26 at 3:40pm · 
  • George Ag Marohombsar reeducation is the answer...we don't only need to learn how to make PAN DE SAL (@ Escudero) but we need to eat tonnage of more pan de sal to be awakened....happy eid el fitr to all...
    August 26 at 8:59pm · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan now....it seems that we are shifting into writing lesson. hahahahahaha....you see, this is what i called talk....take it from me Arata....before i have sent my last end....i know you will comment on it in that way....Lols. Your comment is noted prof. Pathetic :(
    August 26 at 11:57pm · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan since we are taking this personally down to the marrows, let me tell this. Ms. Arata Wata, i dont like your name. If you want to be friended with me, I want you to change it to Megan Fox Wata. lols
    August 26 at 11:59pm · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan ‎"Edris Tamano Darkieboy, the heart has also BRAIN with those trillion cells being processed in its chambers in every cycle, with each cell storing files of intelligence. So let's take all these with OPEN MIND and a BIG HEART". Salam warahma wabarakah minaAllah alayna ya ikhwan. It is a duty of all muslim to share knowledge. for the record, the heart doesnt single cell at all. It is functioning merely as a pump michine (subhanaAllah). Never it produce a cell. If we are referring to the blood that it pumps....it is the bone marrow active cells that produce it. That is why the best resort of most surgeons is a marrow transplant for those leukemic patients. Well i know that in your minds, i am being tagged as close-minded for keeping the name Bangsamoro in my chest. Well, i am if that is the case. But I would rather die as a beast moro than to live in my comfort zone as PHILLIANS.....hahahahah this totally sucks!!
    August 27 at 12:06am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan As far i am concerned, I hate biology class. I have gotten too much of it......hahahahahaahahah.. ....but sometimes, I prefer dealing with a bacterium than talking about this. Lols
    August 27 at 12:08am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan for the record, out of 10 million muslims in mindanao, i have not seen a single grimace in any of the faces of those guys everytime they hear the word Bangsamoro (infact, what i saw are smiles in thier hearts). For the sake of this discussion, so far, statistically, there are only more than 3 but not more 5 opposing-folks out of the millions. Look at them. They are found above this post. Lols
    August 27 at 12:14am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Well, well, well, and well – all the statements that I have added on this thread were for the purpose of friendship. Even now, that I have seen not-so-friendly ends with my names on it, I am still smiling reading and replying on them. I don’t know, if my comprehension just sucks or just that what I am being fed back doesn’t reach my threshold for being melancholic, but I swear, this thread made me LOL, promise.

Lemme tell you why, what, how (forget who please).
    1. I was on a complete dream that I posted some lines to cloak myself as maguindanaon which upon ocular assessment would apprehend that I am asserting myself as such. I was expecting that some will freak out and quote me as racist. But guess what, I was dumbfounded that I was replied the assertion that I should not join for I have no experience in NAKABKAB coz I am bisaya…lolz….dont tell me that you will take allcapsed word objectively. For the record: I consider myself as bisaya for (astagfiraAllah for bragging) I can speak bisaya better than the native tonquers…hahahaha…it’s fun creating words.
    2. There were very hypothetical questions (showing disagreement) on; A. Who recognizes the bangsamoro?, B. where is the territory?…blah blah blah?…..the same FB account on the later part of the discussion null-and-voids the darksultan in his statement regarding fortressing the name BANGSAMORO. That the former FB account said that what we are struggling is the Islamization of the nation. My question is. A1. In those questions above, how can we extract Islamic purpose on it, A2. (A1 rearranged, what is so Islam with questioning the integrity of the Bangsamoro in pull-down manner). What is this….a vomit-swallow tactic?
    3. There was a movement of casting me out of the discussion for I screw up. Tok tok tok…what ridicules me is that...we all know that before we post anything tickly in this account, responses be it – or + do influx (for the credit, thanks to the guy who spent some time creating this group). Actually, I expected such welcome . But ridiculous also that on the middle of the flow, a talker could suggest as such…Lolz. What? You boo me coz I have brilliant opinion outwitting and outfacting yours….ooooopppss..figure of speech…watch your blood vessels…hahahah
    4. Wasting sometimes to think of the proper name for the bangsa. We mean a brilliant initiative to find a better name? – than BANGSAMORO? It is just like --- IN A CAMPUS - FRIENDS: Hey Ms. Kalimudan Tambotolo, we don’t like you. We hate your name. MS. K.: Then what should I do change my name, fine…from now on…call me Ms. MEGAN FOX PRAYINGMANTIS. Hahahahahahaha.

Wait, I hear voices laughing, you guys hear it too?….ah got it…just my ancestors laughing in their graveyards.

5. Dream of Islamic State? Why not? Allahuma amiyn. But let us to be realistic. Pakistan has 4% people of the book and 1% Pagans. Saudi Arabia has incredibly 0% kufaar amongst their citizen. But even those guys don’t just stand and say “we are Islamic State!!”. There are nitty-gritties in this part to prove as such but are insignificant to talk about. Let us to go back to our dear land. We are redundantly dubbed as minority in a totally heterogeneous society. Means, this dream takes a lot of sweats and calories. Tell you what, in my narrow understanding of this. What we are all for is not totally for Islamic Perspectives, but for the identity and pride that we inherit from our forefathers. Look, if we talk about Islamization, in most cases, newly converts from Luzon and Visayas are more professive than the born Muslims. If you still refute this, check yourself and sense my friend. E.g. my friend here from bulacan who is now Muslim even scolds me everytime he sees me listening to a music (can’t stop it ). His whole family is very much particular with the sunna. My point is, if what we are trying to bring-up is the Islam, then the self-battle must be done first. Think about it folks. I pity my uncle, his wife perfects the five-times-a-day prayer more than him , pity myself as well .

Back abroad; look at Syria, Tunisia, Egypt, & Libya. 95% of those guys are claiming Muslims. Then what is wrong that they are battling their own government run by co-muslim-claiming mammals also? It is not the main thing. The main thing is their identity and liberty to express whatever they think they deserve.

6. The funniest one, I just found myself thinking of my statements. Hahahaha, this thing is not within my scope of work that the company is paying me for. But just fine.

By the way, since I peaced-off somebody, I just want to introduced the brilliant side of me. I am a homozygous maguindanaon. My DNA strands programming is still with the segmental pattern of my forefathers who were in their days….were called….forget it…..somebody might ask for genealogical documentation hahahahaha.

Don’t ask me about leadership. I perfected that field. Tell you how. I have billions of followers and I can bring them up anytime I want. I once led a group of fierce guys Clostridium tetani as called. I put them on a medium and told them not to near to the silver coin that I put. They all followed me. Whew!

To Datu Ali Al-moro, kinapibpil nengka sa pitot ko na shukran, back there…I will bring you popoyo a pinagyaw then you will teach me the art of logic…that’s the part of this thread that caught my attention and lolsed me a lot.
    August 27 at 12:22am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan AstagfiraAllah....Brother Arata Wata....am so sorry. am so sorry...am so sorry. At first glance of your prime pic (holding something), i completely thought that your chromosome type is XX, not XY. Am sorry sorry. This is the thing that i should be sorry on you. Sorry....Forget about the Megan Fox thing.....Ana Asif. Wallahu rabbul ka'ba...ana asif.
    August 27 at 1:04am · 
  • Arata Wata Oooops, take it easy Darkieboy. You may not like me to be your friend but we are still brothers in the Bangsa whether you like it or not. Ain't that suck? MKK...

I hope you had let them all out of your heart. You needed that. I understand. Just to let you know, I HONESTLY DONT HAVE ANY QUARREL WITH YOU OR ANYONE HERE IN THIS THREAD. We may disagree and said things but that's only that. At the end of the day, its just exchanges of ideas and opinions. Believe you me, both sides want the same thing for the Bangsa.

Peace brother and peace to all.
    August 27 at 1:07am · 
  • Arata Wata mafi mosqila ya akhi. qullo quwais!
    August 27 at 1:08am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan hahahaha...bro....drop it man. since the start of your thread...i am being cool as ever. anyways....i will add you up.....moreover; at the end of the day...all of the above are just but electronics signals occupying the main server of this social net. Hey bro....i will add you up....see you in philippines sooner inshaAllah.
    August 27 at 1:10am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan give me the honor to be your e-friend dude. But this offer doesnt come along with my grandest pride as a Muslim Moro..hahahah...i mean dude...please accept me...
    August 27 at 1:12am · 
  • Arata Wata We are supposed to talk for the good of our Bangsa and here we are fighting? No way! The Spaniards will win. MKKKKKKKKKKKKK... We can agree to disagree. Brother Darkieboy, the pleasure is mine. Now, I am happy and I am extending the same gesture to Brother Datu Ali. Dude.

I'd like us all to listen to my song "Giginawai Tano", meaning "Let's be friends". Free MP3 download here,

http://www.box.net/shared/ n7in1p216u

I'd like that to be our kinda signature song for this debate. MKKKKKKK
    Here's the full lyrics and I am sure Brothers Darkieboy and Datu Ali can understand the lyrics. For everybody else, I also have the English approximation. The Basa Iranaon words are more intense actually.

Giginawai Tano
    Words and Music by Amomoai
    A Kini.Kini.Rock Music
    (C) ArataWata.Com 2011

Assallam Wallaikhom
    Rkano langon
    A manga bangsako
    Sa Pangampong a Ranao

Ipkadali akn
    Skano langon
    Anda pman i kapaka
    Pamagilaya tano?

Hmm...
    Hmm...

Giginawai tano
    Lipatan so rata a ginawa
    Kapkagagawan ka bo
    Pkaranon ka bo
    Ipkadali ika bo...
    So pagaringka

Mririliai ta no
    Manga pagariko
    Ka di tano dn katawan
    I kaona rktano

Lnganingka sa gagaw
    So pagaringka
    Ka mada skanian
    Na da dn a pagaringka

Approximate translation in Basa Ininglis,

Peace be upon all of you
    My "Bangsa" in Pangampong a Ranao
    I miss all of you
    When will see each other again?

Hmm...
    Hmm...

Let's be friends
    (Let's) forget the heartaches
    Because (soon) you gonna long for
    Because (soon) you gonna year for
    Because (soon) you gonna miss
    Your friend

Let's for give one another
    My friends
    Because we never know
    Who will go first

Give all your love 
    To your friend
    Because when he goes
    You have no friend anymore
  • Darkieboy Darksultan though honesty now seems fatal...i'd still like to be honest to you. I've been very cool in my gestures towards ya'll. It was actually the other FB account who took my posts personally, wherein efforts were spent to find flaw on the flow of the flowing flowable...heheheheh peace dude....i was just trying to imitate Mr. Shakespeare's sonnet...SALAM dude. :)
    August 27 at 5:42am · 
  • Rayyan Makno There s no amount of LOGIC, no rhetoric, no other form of reasoning CAN EVER JUSTIFY THE USE OF MORO/MOROS WITH ITS LOAD OF BAD DENOTATION and WORST CONNOTATIONS as an IDENTITY of the BEST PEOPLE that evolved from mankind. Using MORO to LIE about our NATIONAL IDENTITY is the GREATEST INSULT to one's intelligence. When that KINDERGARTEN child grows up to learn the REAL MEANING of the word MOROS, including 8s puns, humors, n insults, he will WONDER about d intelligence of MISUARI who coined it and his crops of followers who included d PROUDEST (ASTAGHFIRULLAH) MOROS. Any thinking individual will indeed wonder and people who reflect on the DEENUL ISLAM will be perplexed on HOW PEOPLE RETROGRESSED AS TO GO BACK TO THE DAYS OF D JAHILIYYAH (extreme ignorance=barbarism) when the JAHILs ADOPT BAD NAMES, TITLES, and KINAYYAHs jus as now some quarters are very proud of the Spanish curse MOROS. People are intoxicated with a MORO FERVOR that they can AFFORD to laugh at others who cannot afford to assume a MISUARIAN CONCOCTION. O PROUD people, look at reality....where art though going with that EXCESS BAGGAGE?
    Monday at 4:27am · 
  • Darkieboy Darksultan Peace, Love and Mercy of Allah Be Upon Us All. Allahu Akbar!!!
    Monday at 4:28am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Eid Mubarak to the Bangsamoros, and all the Muslims worldwide!
    Monday at 4:32am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman May you find solace and fulfillmentEiryneon Wave, Bangsa Melayu Mindanaoan, Eid Mubarak Muslimeen!
    Monday at 4:37am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Even d sound of MORO/MOROS can carry INSULTS as it ican b rhymed w/ MORON meaning IDIOT: Moron (psychology)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild mental retardation.[1] The term was closely tied with the American eugenics movement.[2] Once the term became popularized, it fell out of use by the psychological community, as it was used more commonly as an insult than as a psychological term.

Origin and uses

"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[3] from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull"[4] (as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.[5] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with others including, "idiotic," "imbecilic," "stupid," and "feeble-minded," was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated in use by psychologists.[6]
    CAN ANYONE DERIVE PRIDE as MORON or IDIOTS?
    Monday at 6:44am · 
  • Rayyan Makno There are still similar sounding MURKY words that have adverse meanings: morose [məˈrəʊs]
    adj
    ill-tempered or gloomy
    [from Latin mōrōsus peevish, capricious, from mōs custom, will, caprice]
    morosely adv
    moroseness n
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
    Monday at 7:01am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Soon in the dictionary, MUSLIM shall mean TERRORIST, BACKWARD, VIOLENT, CHILD RAPIST, ANIMAL FUKCER, MANIAC, BESTIAL - But I hope and pray that these won't dissuade me to change deen.
    Monday at 7:02am via mobile · 
  • Rayyan Makno Fanaticism can drive one into sticking to a false belief that is not Islamic. Another word:Moro reflex

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2009)

The Moro reflex in a four-day-old infant: 1) the reflex is initiated by pulling the infant up from the floor and then releasing him; 2) he spreads his arms; 3) he pulls his arms in; 4) he cries (10 seconds) 
    The Moro reflex, which is distinct from the startle reflex, is one of the infantile reflexes. It may be observed in incomplete form in premature birth after the 28th week of gestation, and is usually present in complete form by week 34 (third trimester). It is normally present in all infants/newborns up to 4 or 5 months of age, and its absence indicates a profound disorder of the motor system. An absent or inadequate Moro response on one side is found in infants with hemiplegia, brachial plexus palsy, or a fractured clavicle. Persistence of the Moro response beyond 4 or 5 months of age is noted only in infants with severe neurological defects. It was discovered and first described by Austrian pediatrician Ernst Moro (1874-1951).

This reflex is a response to a sudden loss of support, when the infant feels like it is falling. It is believed to be the only unlearned fear in human newborns[citation needed]. The primary significance of this reflex is in evaluating integration of the central nervous system (CNS), and it involves 3 distinct components:
    1.spreading out the arms (abduction)
    2.unspreading the arms (adduction)
    3.crying (usually)

Absence of any component (except crying) or any asymmetry in the movements is abnormal, as is persistence of the reflex in older infants, children and adults. However, in individuals with cerebral palsy, persistence and exacerbation of this reflex is common.
    Monday at 7:08am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Lucky me, I'm a Tausug. Hope there are no bad and similar sounding foreign words that will dillute my noble Bangsa Tausug. If there were, I should no longer remain a Tausug.
    Monday at 7:17am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman Bangsa Sug kita Eiry, we can even be Bangsa Sug nation I'd love it!
    Monday at 7:50am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman But the bangsa Sug nation should comprise all of Mindanao & Sulu, walang iwanan, dapat lang Eiry di ba?
    Monday at 7:51am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman Sug as in Kusog!
    Monday at 7:52am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman mashaAllah Datu Ali, may mga babae dito sa thread tsk...
    Monday at 7:54am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro it means ugly guy Bro Aminullah Alonto Lucman.
    Monday at 7:55am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman Iba ang translation sa Iranun language, do you want me to tell on this thread?
    Monday at 7:56am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Eiryneon Wave: Tausugs were not spared from from these name calling as all d people of the Sulu archipelago are referred to as Suluans which we all know is naot accurate, though there is not much problem except propriety. The MARANAOS is a MISNOMER by d Spaniards as they are IRANAON or 'People of the Lake'. The Spaniards referred to those JEWS in Andalucia who were converted by force to Christianity in the Reconquista but were secretly practicing their Jewish religion as MARRANOS. MARANAOS of Marahoui and the Lanao (Ranao) regions were subjected to coercion but they never turned their back to their religion and their high stature. The MARRANOS and the MARANAOS have similar situations. It s also noteworthy that the MOROS or MOORS (the Berbers or Black Africans) fought with the MUSLIMS for fifty years after which the Moros were converted to Islam and employed in the Muslim Army. The un-Islamized Moros were those who stayed in some parts of Europe. Isn't it imperative that we RECTIFY history and correct the wrong? Filipino? Indio? Moro? Suluan? Maranao? Maharlika sounds better than Filipino, Merdeka is better than Moros, Tausug from Suluan, Iranaon from Maranaos.
    Monday at 7:56am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro I am just treading along your post. i thought you know some bahasa Tausog as I want to learn it.
    Monday at 7:57am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Mga KAPATID, heto ngayon ang TAMANG PANAHON upang ITUWID natin ang MALI, PAGKAKAMALI at KAMALIAN ng nakaraan, ang KASAYSAYAN ng LAHI. Wassalam to all.
    Monday at 7:59am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman You should be careful with what you say, some people lose their head so quick in our culture when making trespasses, careful.
    Monday at 8:00am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro Been asking you Rayyan Makno, what alternative name would you propose that will not earn the ire nor irk our "Malay brothers" pinoys? But instead, need not to beat around the bush contriving a name other than Filipino itself?
    Monday at 8:04am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Let us all call ourselves MERDEKAN or FREE Muslim PEOPLE, instead of MOROS (black uncivilized people). You may understand also d position of our elder brother Prof. Nur when he coined BANGSAMORO: he is not a Tausug as he is a SAMAL and he has problems about that reality. His companions were all having problems in their personal lives (some were broken-hearted; opthers frustrated n their social backdrop) having joined d group who were later foreign trained. While some propagators of MOROS realized their mistakes, others sticked to their PRIDE. PRIDE is absolutely NOT ALLOWED in Islam. Whoever has an atom of pride in himself HE WILL SEE IT in the HOURS OF RECKONING. Advanced EID MUBARAK to all of you my brothers and sisters.
    Monday at 8:13am · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman well researched and so well said, excellent brother Rayyan Makno!
    Monday at 8:14am · 
  • Phadz Benito Well whatever meaning of the word MORO IN ANY SOURCES...I or we refer ito to muslim warriors before which their places or MOROLAND has not been christinized by the spaniards and conquered by the Jananese and American invaders. THE WORD BANGSAMORO or people within a state HAS GONE NATIONALLY AND INTERNTIONALLy. i mean popularly known as thsoe muslim peoples in Mindanao...
    Monday at 8:15am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave I am a proud Tausug, a proud Moro, a proud Muslim. ;)
    Monday at 8:17am via mobile · 
  • Ardishier Muallam Arsad Eid Mubarak, Rayyan Makno. What do you mean by "The MARANAOS is a MISNOMER by d Spaniards," are you saying that the Spaniards were the ones who coined the name 'MARANAO?" You mean the Spaniards treated the People of the Lake like the "MARRANOS" in Spain? Please clarify. Thanks.
    Monday at 8:18am · 
  • Phadz Benito OUR MUSLIM LEGISLATOR BEFORE IS RIGHT IN HAVING WORK HARDLY IN putting the words in 1987 constitution that it is Autonommous Region in Muslim Mindanao....those muslim only in the MINDANAO exluding the places of Ex-sen Zubiri and senator Pimentel....
    Monday at 8:19am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro Rayyan Makno, where is that Merdekan in history. will our "Malay brothers" pinoy understand what is merdekan. wouldn't it alienate them even further? Or we should build history around your merdekkan?
    Monday at 8:21am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Being Sama / Samal is not bad. The problem with us really is, we are easily affected and swayed by what the people say about us. With that mentality, one can expect that the moment somebody imputed bad connotations to our new name, we immediately changed it again to another good-sounding names. It shall be a useless and meaningless venture. That's my point.
    Monday at 8:30am via mobile · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Aray, tol AMA!
    Monday at 8:33am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman Eiry, all that there is to it is perhaps talk about them, with decorum no heckles and profanities, we've come far and long longer than what our brethren can muster up north, so it's okay we're doing it with utmost civility
    Monday at 8:34am · 
  • Rayyan Makno Ardisher, ours is NOT DIRECTED against people, more so NOT AGAINST you n our brother Muslims; this s RECTIFYING the wrong things passed on to us by our enemies, the Spaniards and others, like MOROS, FILIPINOS, INDIOS, MARANAOS,LANAO etc. Our advocacy is on a higher plane of righteousness than proud people will ever think. Aratawata and our group have succeeded in SOWING CONSCVIOUSNESS in our BANGSA IRANAON and we are already in touch with our brothers and sisters in the country and abroad, in other countries. MARANAO is not in our Iranaon Etymology. There s MERANAO (m'ranao) which means going to the lake; M'RAGAT means going to the sea. In our Iranaon language, the prefix MA- is not used to denote a people of a place. Tausug is Isulogen or Tau sa Sulog. Lake Lanao is also absurd as it means 'LAKE LAKE". To rectify an INSULT or a SLUR, let us not use it as our NAME.
    Monday at 8:35am · 
  • Rayyan Makno I am stating facts objectively. I AM NEVER DISCRIMINATING anyone or any group of our people. I have no personal innuendoes nor misdirected attacks. I am just presenting an angle to a discussion. Peace.
    Monday at 8:41am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave Reminiscing of the Lantaka! Tau = People & Sug = current ie people of the current. What can be bad about that? The term "sug" is still in the Bahasa Sinug: "Makusug in sug tudju pa uttara" // The currunt towards south is strong.
    Monday at 8:43am via mobile · 
  • Aminullah Alonto Lucman You are doing fine brother Rayyan!
    Monday at 8:43am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro i think i would prefer MINSULANESIANS THAT MERDEKANS!
    Monday at 9:06am · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro ‎*THAN
    Monday at 9:09am · 
  • Ardishier Muallam Arsad That question has nothing to do with being "against people, more so NOT AGAINST you n our brother Muslims". I think your pre-judgment clouded your response. You have not answered my question, Rayyan Makno . I really seek for a clear cut answer from your end.
    Monday at 9:17am · 
  • Eiryneon Wave ‎;)
    Monday at 9:24am via mobile · 
  • Datu Ali Al-Moro Salam. it's nice to be back brethren.

Again, again; So far, the “rejectionists” don’t have yet offered anything except the following:
    1) boneless contention ( as I should say) that “Moro” is a slur;
    2) Why it is a slur is because it was a label given by the Spaniards which connotes (all and sundry evil things) of the Moro;
    3) That it must be changed because Moro is not gaining the love and respect of the Indios-cum-Filipinos; (would it otherwise?)
    4) That by discarding Moro and replacing it with other novel one would “probably” gain us some plus-point to have our RSD finally (would a name new liberate an oppressed people? Whew!);
    5) That the “rejectionists” still don’t have in their pockets any “alternative nationality” in replacement of the “Moro” that would not invite laugh from historians. (Please be careful of your proposals so as even kindergarten historians would not die laughing at.)

Let us derive some proof as to when had Moro been in existence. Was the Moro coined contemporarily with the coming of the Spaniards or had it been existent even before Hispanization of Luzon and Visayas? Was it really that SLUR as what the Spaniards was trying to portray or was it the Spaniards who are maliciously cunning in character assassination of people who resisted Spanish colonization, and who caught the gullibility of some here while imploring mighty followers? :-D

Again, it is postulated here that Moro had been existent a nationality even before the Spaniards came over. We are told that the Spaniards accidentally landed in Mactan, Cebu in 1521. But prior to their coming, other Europeans were already prowling the SEAn seas e.g. Dutch, Portuguese, French.

Again I have to quote again the writing of Dr. Jose Rizal (we know who he was in terms of scholarship and history). Why he wrote many things such as ‘The Indolence of the Filipinos’ draws us back to his and his compatriots’ scholarly efforts to reply back those pejorative writings of Spanish authors about Indios e.g. natives had no earlier civilization prior to their Hispanization. That it was through the coming of the Spaniards that these natives were just accorded with enlightenment and civilization. Filipino propagandists, while retorting these racist Spanish authors back had no way out but to sneak into the early phase of the evolving Bangsamoro history and take those early historical episodes of our forbears (e.g. diplomatic missions, missionary activities, commercial ventures with other nations i.e. China and their military expeditions) as early extension of Filipino historical heritage. This was the case, nay, but a tragedy over the Bansamoro history when it is not written through our own indigenous historiography but instead transcribed within the neo-colonial framework of Filipino historiography relegating those episodes of our history as mere part and parcel of Filipino history.)

Now I am quoting again a part of his writing which Rayyan Maknocontentiously downplayed. Anyway that is easy to do sans a proof.

“Fifty years before the arrival of the Spanish in Luzon, in that very year 1521, when they first came to the islands, there were already natives of Luzon who understood Castilian. In the treaties of peace that the survivors of Magellan expedition made with the chief of Paragua, when the servant-interpreter died they communicated with one another through a MORO who had been captured in the island of the king of Luzon and who understood some Spanish.”

What Rizal had written is a tacit proof that Moro as a national identity of peoples in SEAn region had been existent 50 years (Fifty Years) prior to the coming of the Spaniards. That’d be 1521-50=1471. This then gives us the impression that it was not the Spaniards who first uttered the word “Moro” to refer to these people. As it was already said, there had been other Europeans prowling already the SEAn seas who already knew about ‘Moro’ as good trade partners, translators, soldiers, etc.

Therefore, Moro is NOT COINCIDENTAL with the coming of the Spaniards. There had been Moro even 50 years BEFORE the coming of Magellanes (i.e. 1521-50 =1471). And who were these Moros? They were Muslims from Iberian Peninsula to SEA. Again, they were known to other Europeans as good trade partners, communicators and translators; sea voyagers; military personnel - but on the other hand terrifying enemies once you irk or earned their ire. 

And how was Moro coined? We know how it originated. It was taken from Mauri; Moor which means dark skinned. But were those Europeans referring more to colors when they identified Moros here with Moros there in Iberian Peninsula? Were they referring mainly to the Africans vis-à-vis racial color?

You say WE CANNOT BE MOROS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT AFRICANS. Yes. That’d be correct at one point. But WE CAN STILL BE MOROS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT AFRICANS. The basis of Europeans, (not just the Spaniards for they just came later) in calling or identifying us with Moors in Morocco was NOT the COLOR of the skin but of the FAITH we all shared with them in the African continent. HAD IT BEEN FOR THE COLOR, THEN INDIOS AND OTHER NON-MUSLIM TRIBES SHALL ALSO BE CALLED MOROS BECAUSE THEY TOO HAD DARK SKINS. AND THE NEGRITOS MUST HAVE BEEN MORE MOROS THAN US IF THAT WAS THE CASE. SEE?

Now, we want to prove that “Moro” is not that bad or evil for that matter or slur (in Rayyan Maknu, Arata Wata’s word.) 

We argue that it is not in the name and in the one who owns it who is wrong but it is the Spaniards who were the real mischief and who excelled in character assassination. We argue that having shared the same Faith with Moors in the Iberian Peninsula who ruled Spain for about 800 years, the Moros too inherited the staunch hate and unbending animosity of the Spaniards against Moors in Spain. But again, were the Moors those bad and evil people as the Spaniards wanted to portray them? 

Again, Rizal wrote it’s not the case: “…And in spite of the chivalrous spirit, the gallantry and the religious toleration of the califs,” - Jose P. Rizal, Philippines A Century Hence, 1890

Again, other modern-day authors and writers also say it’s not the case: “The Muslim rulers of Spain were generally tolerant of other religions, allowing both Jews and Christians to practice their faiths---a courtesy seldom extended to Jews and Muslims in Christian countries at that time.” - Terrence Ball and Richard Dagger, Political Ideologies and the Democratic Ideal, p. 269

“In its golden age, Islamic Spain was among the most civilized places on the planet—renowned for its scientists and philosophers, artists and architects, poets and musicians. In the matter of religion, Islamic sultans generally tolerated and protected Jews and Christians.” - Cullen Murphy, Tales of the Alhambra : The Lost Islamic World of Southern Spain---and Its Modern Echoes, Reader’s Digest, June 2002

I ask you Rayyan Makno and Arata Wata: whom would you believe to be telling the truth? The Spaniards who were known for their mischief everywhere not only in the Archipelago?

It was reported that the account of Pigafetta had told that they did not take Moros as enemies or a threat during their earlier days in the Archipelago. Later when Moros displayed resistance against Spanish colonization after perceiving the evil intention of the Spaniards that the latter invented everything evil about the former.

Such was the malice of Spanish character assassination where an invented monstrosity was created out of the Moro so that s/he would hate her/himself. At least, while failing to subdue the Moros their own hands, the Spaniards but see to it that the Moros would battle against what they are their own hands.

Another midnight snack:

"The Moros are a grand people...Everyone of them is valiant. There never was a Moro who was afraid to die. Death on the field of battle is a privilege, and they guard their privilege zealously." - Vic Hurley, Swiss of the Kris, New York, 1936, p.10
    Monday at 9:28am · 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Amomoai.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service